shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about girdle measuring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a cheap diamond I have had for a few years and was wondering how the girdle would be measured on this one. Basically the symmetry (I think) must be off because where part of the girdle is the diamond has the appearance as though it is two halves which have been twisted. The girdle looks like the crown of the diamond is set further back from the pavillion of the diamond. Would the girdle just be measured in the same way or would the stone have ''no'' girdle as the surface is not flat, but there is still a rough girdle sort of going into the stone?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tough to say without seeing pyramid.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That is a tough one Pyramid. Is there any way you can get us a close up picture of the little gem?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, afraid I cannot take a picture. The stone is a 0.64 carat and I have had it for ages. It probably needs to be seen to analyse it. It is just that the girdle is not straight from the side view but sort of slopes in to the crown. I was just curious. I suppose they just measure the width the same but the girdle is not flat on the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results