shape
carat
color
clarity

question about eternity band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lara

Rough_Rock
Does an eternity band or diamond anniv. band have to be worn on the right hand? I read somewhere that that''s the most common way. what does everyone think about wearing the e-ring on top, then a plain band, then the anniv. band all in one?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
One of my girlfriends wears her anniversary band together with her e-ring and w-ring all on her left hand. It looks good on her.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I think that has to do with your taste, but also your ring sizes, you finger size, etc...I had a friend with a very thin e-ring band and a matching plain simple wedding band, both so simple and thin. She could have pulled off an anniversary band on the same finger.

I am going to have a simple plat e-ring band with a 3mm pave wedding band, because I like simplicity and an anniversary band on my small fingers would not fit right. I would wear it as a right hand ring, or in place of my e-ring and wedding band perhaps on certain occassions, if it were large and sparkly, sort of like a cocktail ring/wedding band. Is it full diamonds all the way around? Half way, what's the total carat weight? Round, pronged, princess, radiant, emerald, channel set?

Maybe you can post a pic, but I say go for a nice right hand of wedding ring/e-ring stand in...

Abazias

Rough_Rock
I don’t believe there is a right or wrong hand to wear an eternity band or channel set band. Personally, I wear a diamond eternity band on my left hand as my wedding ring. You need to try it on both hands and see where you like it best.

Cheers,
Felicia

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes my wedding band will be eternity style...wear it however you like it. i have friends who wear eternity bands just for fun on various fingers, and they aren't married or even dating anyone.
2.gif
there are no rules, thank goodness, when it comes to wearing diamonds.

lara

Rough_Rock
thanks for all the opinions. Actually it's .75 ctw (8) princess cut diamonds halfway around the platinum band. (It looks like the .50 tcw princess cut anniv band on blue nile.) Because my tiffany style e-ring almost, but not quite sits flush against it I thought maybe a thin 2-3 mm plain platinum band could go in between. While it makes everything fit together exactly, I'm just not sure if it's too much on my finger. I like the idea of separate stackable rings, too. Not into things looking too flashy though. I like simple and understated. I have Noooo idea how to post pictures...

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the United Kingdom eternity bands are always worn on the left ring finger unless the person has a shaped wedding band and then if the eternity style band is worn on the right ring finger we are not always sure it is an eternity band maybe just someone likes that style of dress ring.

The order we wear them in are plain gold/platinum wedding band first, eternity band and then engagement ring on top. Remember though that engagement rings here are nearly always a lot smaller than our American counterparts wear so that is why they probably always fit together on one finger.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results