shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about diamonds falling out of rings

heyheylove87

Rough_Rock
Hi, there!

My boyfriend and I went ring shopping today, and I found what I think could possibly be my dream ring. This isn't a picture of it, but it's close. When I told my mom about it, she mentioned to me that she always has an issue with the side diamonds coming out on the band...

How big of an issue is this, really? How much does it generally cost to replace one of these diamonds? The ones on the ring I was looking at are even smaller than the one in the picture.

Also, if I were to custom order it without the stones on the band and just have it surrounding the center stone, how likely is it that they would fall out?

I appreciate your help!
BE1FBH1_SB6X6CU_white_top_lg_t_w300_h300.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
much really depends on the quality and integrity of the ring. Not all pave is created equal and you usually get what you pay for. It is possible to lose a stone made by one of the best designers if the ring is hit on something just right. You do have to baby a ring like that and it shouldn't be worn 24/7. Leon Mege wrote a very informative article on pave here:

http://www.artofplatinum.com/vault/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=143&Itemid=222

It isn't extremely costly to have a missing pave set stone replaced.

heyheylove87

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much! I'm not really looking for a ring I have to really baby... So, I guess I'm back to the drawing board. Thanks for the reply!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results