shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about diamond quality for price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rustyshrapnel

Rough_Rock
Hello! I found this stone, and I was wondering if it was a good price because it seems to be very nice and within my ring budget. Any help would be appreciated!

HpiRally

Rough_Rock
Trade
over all it looks good and the angles look right. It is a bit lower on the color scale being a J, but some J stones look magnificent! its purely up to you bu the angles good for it.:)

joe

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 9:04:59 PM
Author:rustyshrapnel
Hello! I found this stone, and I was wondering if it was a good price because it seems to be very nice and within my ring budget. Any help would be appreciated!
That was my diamond! I was wondering when it would appear. I had the pleasure of owning it for a little over a year and just recently traded it in for a 1.17ct K ACA. Here is a thread with about one billion pictures: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dreamers-little-beauty.82376/

It is a great price, actually a teensy bit less than I paid for it 15 months ago, which is interesting since diamond prices have actually gone up. It is a very very bright and white stone, little if any warmth. Totally eye clean. It is not the most fiery stone in the sunlight, though it pops in potlights. I really loved it and I think you should buy it! The price is amazing for the size and quality of the cut.

BTW if it seems odd to buy a diamond that someone else owned, just remember that most diamonds have been around the consumer block once or twice because of upgrade policies etc. My own current diamond used to belong to another PSer too!
9.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Numbers and IS/ASET looks good.

rustyshrapnel

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your replies! The pictures are gorgeous and I just sealed the deal on the stone.
9.gif
I''m going to have it put in this setting, which I LOVE. Thank you again, I''m on cloud 9!
12.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yippeee
36.gif
You won''t be sorry, it is lovely. Promise you come back with pictures!

Wanna hear something funny? I was thinking about that setting too for this stone! Another PSer has that setting with a much larger diamond, but if you wanted to see lots of great pics here they are: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-beverley-k-halo-and-eternity-band.96100/ Her diamond is a 1.4ct so it will look a little more delicate with your new diamond. Pefect I think!!

rustyshrapnel

Rough_Rock
Dreamer, of course I will post pictures.
9.gif

My fiance is thrilled because with this lovely diamond, we were able to complete the ring for over 1k less than we budgeted for! With a beautiful, well-cut diamond that was larger than I thought I would be able to get (I was previously looking at .5 to .75 carats). I didn''t think I''d be able to get a platinum setting either but the Beverly K was supremely affordable in platinum compared to other, less appealing settings.

We will be taking a road trip out to Pearlman''s to see the setting in person soon and make a final decision on that. That is so funny that you were considering the same setting...something about this diamond must appeal to people with like minds. We will take good care of it!
9.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 10:57:31 PM
Author: rustyshrapnel
Dreamer, of course I will post pictures.
9.gif

My fiance is thrilled because with this lovely diamond, we were able to complete the ring for over 1k less than we budgeted for! With a beautiful, well-cut diamond that was larger than I thought I would be able to get (I was previously looking at .5 to .75 carats). I didn''t think I''d be able to get a platinum setting either but the Beverly K was supremely affordable in platinum compared to other, less appealing settings.

We will be taking a road trip out to Pearlman''s to see the setting in person soon and make a final decision on that. That is so funny that you were considering the same setting...something about this diamond must appeal to people with like minds. We will take good care of it!
9.gif
I''m so happy for you! How exciting that you are getting engaged. It is great to get a bigger rock that you thought you could afford. You will love this diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results