shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about Depth and Table %''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Learning Diamonds

Rough_Rock
Ok, Ok, I realize that with fancy cuts, and in my case, princess cut there are not "ideal proportions". However, my question is more regarding percentages to look for, in general. I have seen earlier posts state that the Table should be less than the Depth % is this true? It seems like most of what I have been looking at, the Depth has been a lower % than the Table..

ex: D75-T78; D78-T79; D70-T75; D71.8-T72

Is there any truth to this Depth to Table relationship? Also, I know the hearts and diamonds are generally sought after effects in a round shape; are there any visual clues that are usually a sign of a good cut in a princess that I can look for??

Thank you for your help!
(by the way, it has been a while since I last posted/ visited.. this place seems like it is recieving much more traffic from people trying to get opinions on their stones.. is this a good observation?)

hopfully not adding to the problem (if it is one!) Thank you, nil
twirl.gif

damo

Rough_Rock
sorry how do you use that chart?

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Actually David recently added a feature to his site which takes the guesswork out of deciphering his chart, you merely enter the data for the diamond you are considering it and a script will determine the potential proportions rating for you... Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results