shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about cut quality

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbiec

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a diamond which I consider to be a very good cut, but I only have a GIA certificate, no Sarin data. Table is 57 and Depth is 59.5. Symmetry is excellent and Polish is very good. Girdle is thin-med faceted. My question is can I assume that the crown angle and pavillion depth are close to "ideal", since the depth, table, and symmetry numbers are all very good? Oh- the stone is 0.93 carats, so I assume it was cut for beauty, not for maximum weight. Can anyone shed some light please?

-Rob

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Rob, with this combination of table and total depth there is very high chance that your diamond is cut very well. I suspect that the diamond also have a good spread. Could you post the measurements?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Like Leonid has said, it is likely to be pretty nicely done, but without some additonal measurements we can't tell for certain about if it meets exactly the ideal cut standards. You might want to run the numbers through the HCA as well because some stones that don't seem to measure up to our traditonal concept of "ideal" are, in fact, equally brilliant and beautiful in their own, slightly different, way.

robbiec

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. The dimensions are 6.38x6.40x3.80. Basically, I was looking for the largest diameter stone I could find in the 0.93-0.97 carat range, without going below 58.5-59 depth. I think I found it. Great color (E) and excellent symmetry was just an added bonus.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Looks like you did very well Rob. 0.93 carat traditional ideal would have 6.30 mm diameter. Majority will be even smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results