shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about Clarity!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Thus far the stones I have been looking at have been SI1 in clarity. However, should I really look into VS2? Is there that much of a difference? All I want is an eye-clean stone (part of my issue with buying online, I can''t see it myself!). Should SI1 be sufficent as long as I look at the stone and make sure I can''t see anything or should I go for the VS2? Also is it possible for a VS2 to not be eye clean?

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
SI1 is fine if it meets your definition of eye clean. Why pay more for a VS2 if you can''t see the difference with the naked eye? JMHO, I would stay away from anything with black carbon in it, though.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
How do you know if it has black carbon in it? Is it something you see?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you buying from a vendor that has it in house? If so they will tell you if it''s eye clean. I do trust their eyes, and you have a return period in case it doesn''t meet your standards. But best to talk to your vendor about this. I have seen many eye clean Si1''s. I have seen a few Vs''2 that are not eye clean. It''s a stone by stone basis. I think you''ll be fne with an Si1. Good luck.
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 9:56:03 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Are you buying from a vendor that has it in house? If so they will tell you if it''s eye clean. I do trust their eyes, and you have a return period in case it doesn''t meet your standards. But best to talk to your vendor about this. I have seen many eye clean Si1''s. I have seen a few Vs''2 that are not eye clean. It''s a stone by stone basis. I think you''ll be fne with an Si1. Good luck.
1.gif
Ditto Kaleigh.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 9:31:37 PM
Author:Treasure43
Thus far the stones I have been looking at have been SI1 in clarity. However, should I really look into VS2? Is there that much of a difference? All I want is an eye-clean stone (part of my issue with buying online, I can''t see it myself!). Should SI1 be sufficent as long as I look at the stone and make sure I can''t see anything or should I go for the VS2? Also is it possible for a VS2 to not be eye clean?
IMO....eye clean SI1 are thee best value.
2.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 9:45:32 PM
Author: Treasure43
How do you know if it has black carbon in it? Is it something you see?
Sometimes if it''s black carbon, the stone won''t be eye clean. For me it''s a mental thing and just knowing it''s there would bug me. My stone has a crystal. I cannot see it with the naked eye, but can under a microscope or loop. With black carbon, sometimes you can see it with the naked eye and, if not, then under the microscope or loop...

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
When we were buying a diamond, CUT was most important. All I wanted was an eye clean stone. I found that in my SI2...you can't see any inclusions with the naked eye. That was good enough for me. I spent my budget on cut and sz!

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
So if you were to buy a diamond online, how can you be assured that the diamond would be eye-clean to your own eyes?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 1:45:04 PM
So if you were to buy a diamond online, how can you be assured that the diamond would be eye-clean to your own eyes?
The only way is to ask the vendor and let them know your expectations - for example if you don''t want to see any inclusions visible in from any angle at close scrutiny, then make sure the vendor knows that so you are both on the same page.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
It depends on the vendor. Some vendors who carry stones in-house will look at the diamond for you and verify that it's eye-clean. Others will not provide this info (like Blue Nile for example). If your vendor will not do this, I would stick with VS2, since they're virtually guaranteed to be eye-clean (except in rare instances). Otherwise, make sure the vendor has a good return policy, and be willing to use it.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the helpful info :)

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 1:45:04 PM

I bought online but went with a company I felt like I could trust. I used WF and they are reputable. I also felt good with their return policy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results