shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about arrows

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
I have never seen a H&A diamond or anything close to it in "real" life (I know, pitiful me
2.gif
) and I have no way of seeing one anytime soon (I live way up in Northern Canada and no one even remotely close by carries them).

For those of you with said diamond, are the arrows something you see everytime you look at your diamond or do you have to position your ring (diamond) just so in order to see them? They are stunning to look at in photographs but I was just wondering if they are as enticing in person.

Thanks.
1.gif

Cachette

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
You generally have to position the ring the right way. For me, it's easier to see white arrows than black ones. I turn towards a light source and I can see them. Haven't had a lot of success the other way around, lol. To see the black ones like in the pics, I guess the light source has to be behind you. Or something.
2.gif

niku414

Rough_Rock
HI :)
YES, you do have to position the diamond a certain angle to see them -- the jewelers here have a little tool that lets u put the diamond on it.. and it shines a line thru it..so you can actually see the hearts or arrows on the diamonds :) It is pretty cool to look at.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there a please near you with a Hearts on Fire dealer? That would give you a very good idea I believe (correct me if I'm wrong).

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can catch them sometimes, and it''s nice to look at!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your responses.
2.gif

No, unfortunately there are no Hearts on Fire dealers near by. I live 10 hours north of Toronto, Ontario and there is nothing but one local B & M store in my town and they only carry H to K, I3, fair to good cut stones (blah). I went to a Birks (Toronto) in May and I checked out their stones and the salesperson was a dream as she let me look at many rings and then suggested I look through their microscope (? - that`s what it looked like - please correct me if there is another term for it) and I saw arrows in the RB diamond but when I looked at the stone on my finger, I don`t recall seeing them but I didn`t pay close attention either (I can kick myself for that now).

I`m just trying to get a feel for the H & A, like I said in the opening thread, when photographed, they are stunning and interesting to look at. I would like one day to own a larger stone (I have a .43 c princess) and I`m wondering if I should go the RB H & A route. I understand that they are cut to optimize symmetry and performance but can a diamond without the H & A label perform (fire, light, brilliance) just as well or at the very best, very close to an H & A diamond. I hope that I`m expressing myself clearly enough. Sometimes I`ve been known to babble.
1.gif

Thanks again.

Cachette

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results