shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about an Adwar setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
http://www.adwar.com/products/styles/19534L/view

I asked a vendor for a quote for the above setting, and they sent me a quote based on using 0.31ctw melees as side stones. But the way I interpreted the information from the Adwar Web site, the setting would take twelve 1-pt melees, making it 0.12ctw.

I wrote back to the vendor for clarification, and the explanation I received was, "The Adwar ring contains 8 x .02mm diamonds and 7 x .01mm diamonds. The .02mm diamonds weigh .035ct each and the .01mm diamonds weigh .005ct each. This is equal to approximately .31ctw."

No matter how I look at the photo of the setting, I only see twelve slots for the side stones. I''m thinking that maybe there are side stones not visible on the photo, but I can''t figure out how any additional side stones can fit.

Catmom, if you''re reading this, please help! I know your lovely pink sapphire ring is the same setting, but how many side stones are there?

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Label me confuzzled too.
37.gif
(What a great word SDL!) I thought maybe the vendor was looking at a different setting by mistake, but he even attached the image of the exact setting in his e-mails.

This is just the latest example of the kinds of things I''ve run into while deciding how to set my green sapphire. I''ve asked for quotes on many different settings, but there''s always something that makes me have second thoughts...

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
The confusion over the Adwar setting may have been a blessing in disguise after all. It forced me to wait on it and keep looking, then unexpectedly one of my dream settings became available, and the price was miraculously within my budget. Can''t tell you how excited I am!!
36.gif

I''ve sent off my sapphire to be set. Now the waiting begins...
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results