shape
carat
color
clarity

question about a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Virginie

Rough_Rock
Hi,I am considering buying a diamond and would appreciate your opinion on it.GIA report
Shape: round brilliant
clarity: VS2
Color: G
measurements: 6.30-6.36 * 3.93 mm
weight: 1.00 carat
depth: 62.1%
table: 62%
girdle: medium to very thick, faceted
culet: none
polish: good
symmetry: goodThat's all the info I have. What do you think about this stone? It is selling for $4,450. Do you think it's worth it?Thank you,Virginie

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
V the original owner/cutter who submitted the stone to GIA can request the C znd P angles and pass them on to you. Its a free service that no one knows about. Tell the vendor, they wont believe you, but tell them to do it any way.
GH

Virginie

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your information. Unfortunately, GIA report doesn't have more details. Is the seller supposed to tell me all the details?Virginia

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The price is not bad for a normal cut diamond. It is not going to be a super cut, but we can't really tell from your posting all the details.. There are some missing facts...------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Only if you'd inquire about it. Ask for Sarin report or show the diamond to an independent gemologist/appraiser before finalizing the deal.

lodestar

Rough_Rock
Hi,I wouldn't buy a diamond without knowing the proportions, at least the crown angle and pavillion angle. I'm a newbie myself, but just a little research will reveal to you the importance of cut.For instance, if the pavillion angle strays too much from approximately 41 degrees, the diamond loses a lot of brilliance and light return. But don't take my word for it. Snoop around and do a little reading for yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results