shape
carat
color
clarity

quest or whiteflash?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

carrottop

Rough_Rock
Good afternoon all,

I am going to get a custom setting made for a cushion cut stone I just bought. The design I have in mind has a basket, four prongs, pave or bead-set diamonds, and some engraving on both sides of the shank and the back half of the shank (pave down half of the shank and engraving for the other half). The quotes from whiteflash and quest were within $100 of each other. The great news is, from my research on Pricescope, the general consensus is that either of these vendors would do a wonderful job! I have reviewed the folders of whiteflash and quest designs in the "show me the ring" folder and am pleased with the craftsmanship of both shops. Neither vendor is local for me.

So, I could just flip a coin - but i wanted to ask:

For this sort of design, would you suggest one vendor over the other? Does anyone have an opinion whether one vendor have more expertise with this sort of design (especially the engraving)?

Thanks in advance!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
OMG, flip a coin, okay. I have seen examples of both. They both do unbelievable work. I personally love WF. They do beautiful work. Within a hundred bucks, it''s your call.

shay

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think you could go wrong with either company. I have purchased from both. I like that Quest replaces any lost melee for life and will resize the ring for free for life which is something to consider if going with a pave setting. WF offers a lifetime guarentee on workmanship issues. Both companies score extremely high in the customer service dept and you'll end up with a beautiful ring either way.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 6:35:26 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I don''t think you could go wrong with either company. I have purchased from both. I like that Quest replaces any lost melee for life and will resize the ring for free for life which is something to consider if going with a pave setting. WF offers a lifetime guarentee on workmanship issues. Both companies score extremely high in the customer service dept and you''ll end up with a beautiful ring either way.
Ditto. I have bought from both as well. I have to say I loved the attention to detail that Quest gave me in making my ring. Get quotes from both and discuss your design ideas. Then go with whoever you are more confident in. Either way you will end up with a gorgeous ring. Good luck!!!
1.gif

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
While I don''t think you can go wrong either way, my preference is Quest ... simply because we are currently working with them and have found Pete to be just excellent in every way! Considering his workload, he responds very quickly to our emails (usually within a few hours, normally within 24 hours at the latest). He found us the MOST incredible 1 carat stone for my wedding set upgrade ... and is currently working on a design idea to place that stone in a new anniversary ring.

I emailed him with notice that my sister''s boyfriend would be calling for help with an engagement ring (nothing like a meddling future sister-in law, LOL!), and he found a beautiful stone that was even below what they had planned to spend. My sister loves her new engagement ring, and Pete will be designing her final wedding set shortly (they put the diamond in a basic tiffany style setting for now).

It really is a matter of who you feel comfortable working with. We checked out diamonds from Whiteflash, Quest and a few other vendors who were recommended on this forum. Pete won our business for a variety of reasons - you should speak personally with both companies and see who is a good fit for you. HTH!

2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I would ask very specifically for all the details about the warranty. I would also ask about production time, how often will you be updated, at what stages will you be sent photos of the ring in progress for your approval. If there is a problem or you dislike something who pays to fix it? How much will the coordinating wedding band be?
Then with that info make your final decision. (Or that is what I would do anyway.)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2006 4:46:22 PM
Author:carrottop

So, I could just flip a coin - but i wanted to ask:

Good idea!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2006 9:45:55 AM
Author: Matatora
If there is a problem or you dislike something who pays to fix it?

I know Quest will fix it at no charge to the customer if you are not entirely happy with the final product. They made changes to noobie's wife's ring and diamondlil's ring after the rings were complete without any hassles.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I too went with Quest and had a great experience. As Mrssalvo said, after my rings were done, I was not 100% satisfied, and they had no problem reworking the halo to my satisfaction. Their goal is a happy customer who is going to refer other customers, so the brothers will bend over backward to please you.

I got quotes from both WF and Quest and their costs were both in the same ballpark, but I honestly can''t remember which was higher/lower. They were close enough that the money was not the deciding factor at all. Ultimately, the decision was a toss up except that Quest is within about 1.25 hours driving distance from me, and I thought that working locally might be a benefit as far as checkups and polishing, etc.

Since you are not local to either, I would say you can''t go wrong either way. Where is the cushion coming from?

carrottop

Rough_Rock
great advice. one thing that quest mentioned was that they would show me CAD images - whereas, i got the impression, from whiteflash, i would only see a wax. i need to ask them a few more questions - a special thanks to Matatora for those great questions to ask. you pricescopers are such a help!

we got the cushion from a local jeweler here that i know. it is a 1.36 carat, I, vs2 (7.4x6.9mm); certified by AGS: excellent symmetry and polish. we began by looking at a few virtual stones, and had a few shipped to us to view and get appraised. ultimately we decided that, for a cushion, it was easier for us to buy one from our local jeweler (that was internet-price comparable) that we could go and see them in person. we looked at four or five - but when my GF saw this one - she got teary eyed so i knew it was the one.

i''m picking it up on monday so i''ll have to post some pictures before we send it off to whiteflash or quest.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results