shape
carat
color
clarity

Quest Jewelers for Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcam

Rough_Rock
I'd like to get the boards' opinion on buying a diamond through Quest vs using one of the reputable online dealers like james allen, whiteflash, good old good, etc. My initial plans (after lurking for a month and reading hundreds of posts in the archive) was to buy a diamond from one of the online stores mentioned above and then get the ring/mounting done at Quest. After playing around with their diamond search tool, i noticed their prices were slightly less for the same diamonds (i understand they have access to the same inventory) than other online stores were charging. From what I've read, most everyone has been pleased with their design work, but I'm specifically interested in their ability and skill in finding the "right" diamond. Any info would be appreciated.

Edit...Forgot to mention, looking for a RB.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, well. I had never priced diamonds on the Quest site until I saw your post. So I pulled up some that I had been comparing on other sites. And you know what? They ARE less! The ones I was looking at are almost $500 less each. Thanks for the tip!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
The other advantage to buying your diamond from Quest and having them set it is of course, the free setting and also, here''s something that is NOT mentioned on their website but I did talk to Pete about. They have an upgrade policy similar to WF and GOG. If and should you decide to upgrade later, they will give you the full purchase price of your diamond towards your new purchase.

Here''s a con: I don''t think they have an IdealScope, but you should be able to buy one (or make) off the internet for not much at all.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princess, thanks for the info on upgrades! I didn''t see that on the site but that is important to me just as an insurance policy!

Virginia, you might have some requests for that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results