shape
carat
color
clarity

Queen Elizabeth...wearing a few pretties for the State Banquet...

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ECF89B0C-7C26-45F2-BF6D-D8557FC424B0.jpeg
Here’s the suite of Ruby jewellery (made by Garrard) that HM The Queen wore to the State Banquet she hosted yesterday for President Trump’s visit. “The Burmese Ruby and Diamond Tiara crafted in 1973 was complemented by a magnificent ruby necklace and matching earrings.” Photo and some wording by Garrard.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that @Hounddog and although I’m not particularly a fan of rubies, they’re beautiful

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think that necklases and the earings are the ones that belonged to Victoria and was set with opals. Queen Alexandra had them reset with some of Victoria's rubbies as she thought opals bad luck
the nice thing about the tiara is HM had that made for herself so it shows her own personal style

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Thanks Daisy’s and Diamonds, I didn’t know about that, great info and if that’s HM choice then I too love her style.
Beautiful Tiara. Rubies are my least favourite of the main stones but these do look absolutely fabulous! Love their colour.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing the photos and the info. That's an interesting history lesson. I really like the pins, especially the one with blue sapphires. For me blue always wins. :mrgreen2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I Love seeing her beautiful jewels! Thanks for sharing!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FFFD2E0D-69F1-4CBB-A9DA-5B6E01BF8261.jpeg CE7E7F51-365A-4525-86A4-27058AD6D6F6.jpeg 6A6B608D-DBE6-464D-BD15-08D7CA228625.jpeg C2779069-97C8-4DCD-8504-0A8C36D87DEC.jpeg 0BEA242E-0265-4A0A-AC00-00A7E18D016F.jpeg
Here’s a few others of the Royal Family and associates I found. The last one of Kate I think is from a previous State Banquet.

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love Kate’s earrings in the first photo...but they’d look out of place on me at the Supermarket, where I go most often...or people would just think they were fake! Lol!

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
That tiara and Kate's earrings in first photo are divine.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I said "look at those rubies" when I saw the clip on TV. The Queen sure has a fabulous collection. :D

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Noticed the many white dresses... & the rubies, of course! She is the one human in the world to be universally known for being too private - so every little gesture is everything.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not a Royalist but I do love the Queen. Talk about decades and decades of committed service to her Country. And I actually like Camilla, the whole Diana saga aside, she seems to have spirit and spunk. What I wouldn’t give to watch Camilla, once her HM has passed, in the Royal jewels going “what the heck, I’m putting them all on together woo hoo, check me out!”

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I love her Tiara. It’s so beautiful.
Can you imagine having her jewellery box to choose from?!! Wow!
I love ALL of it! I'm not super-fond of rubies either, but those are some spectacular specimens. Thanks for sharing!

If I had those jewels, I'd be sporting them EVERYWHERE! I wouldn't care what anyone thinks. :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
0BEA242E-0265-4A0A-AC00-00A7E18D016F.jpeg
Here’s a few others of the Royal Family and associates I found. The last one of Kate I think is from a previous State Banquet.[/QUOTE]
the blue dress is from the state banquet for the King and Queen of the Netherlands
and the necklace is Queen Alexandra's wedding necklase from 1863 a present from her new husband the future Edward v11
Queen Alexandra"s ( the sea king's daughter) father was Christian 1V of Denmark - the grandfather of Europe to Queen Victoria being grandmother of Europe

our Queen is Elizabeth Mary Alexandra named for her great grandmother and her grand mother Queen Mary

Alix's sister Dagma was Empress Maria. Feodorovna of Russia married to Alexander 111
this is one of at least 3 ways Prince Philip is related to the Romanovs (please my appoligies for bad spelling) as George 1 of the Hellenes who was Philip's Grandfather was Dagma and Alex's brother
oh deary me excuse me going off on a tangent
anyway Queen Alexandra piled on the jewles
she had a scare on her neck she hid with all those jewles and people copied her style - she also had a limp from childbirth and people copied that too
she was also deaf (childbirth must have been a terribly risky bussiness) but her husband spoke slowly so she could lip read
Unlike her MIL Victoria, she kept her beaitiful figer and she was a dotting devoted if somewhat smoothering mother to George V and they indulged their grandchildren (our Queen's father and his sibblings) from their rather strict up bringing
Edward and Alexandra's reign was short as they came to the throne latter in life but the King was popular and the Queen very beautiful
i just feel.they get overshadowed by Victoria and George V
there is a rather dated but still excellent tv series (its feels like a play) on u tube called Edward v11 in about 10 parts that is fasinating
the Alexandra rose charity is from the 50th anniversary of Alix's arrival in England and today Princess Alexandra - the Queen's cousin, is president of the charity and they tackle food povety in London

anyway this is from Alix's corrination
9a5f80ef869c1294cb0d3a8c4eb15d2c.jpg
Queen Alexandra's corination crown was only ever worn by her (Queen Mary and Queen Elizebth the future Queen mum had their own corrination crowns )

nowdays this crown belongs in the fashion jewlery thread as all the major stones have been repurposed and replaced by paste for appearances sake 1dc80e100b68b2e8a7dbae02b09988a9.jpg thr koh.noor diamond

i think the only one of Queen Alexandra's tieras still in the Queens possession is
her Kokoshnik tiara which was a gift to the then Princess of Wales for her 25th wedding snniversary from the ladies of society, a group of aristocratic womam including the Prime minister's wife

a54a7d163d3112ba6a23b0723254756b.jpg
Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik Tiara made by Garrad. it passed onto our Queen in her corination year
imspired by Alix's sister.Dagma's tiara
2017-0506-kokoshnik13.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Hounddog my apoligies for not quoting you correctly above
you did well finding that picture of Princess Micheal and i love Sophie's much improved wedding tiera

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
0ca4362f3b0a12ca9c76274cdbe99e3a.jpg rematch_alex.jpg
so many jewles
hard to tell the sister's apart
can you really trust the internet ?
that necklase looks like the one Kate was wearing ?
im on my phone, eyes tired
297c31c34e9a43303c1c9bbf20a1a2bd.jpg
Alix and Dagma
Alix and her granddaughter in law im her wedding mecklase
_AlixNecklace.jpg
_WeddingParure.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TY for posting this!!!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Rad_Fan has posted a link above to a wonderful Royal Jewels Thread. I’ve never seen it before, but it’s fabulous and it has been going for a long time so its full of great photos and lots of excellent information.

It’s very well worth a look...you may need a few hours :lol: as it’s full of great stuff, so don’t go there yet if you’re busy!

Thanks everyone for the great comments and additional photos etc. Apologies for not thanking and naming everyone in person, but I’m cooking and the family don’t like burnt offerings!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for pointing me to this thread, Hounddog. Your contributions to it are interesting and lovely. I have to admit that I was rather shocked that a thread about Queen Elizabeth and royal jewelry existed in Show me The Bling. I had thought that Show me The Bling existed as a showcase for Pricscopers' personal jewelry. As you know from having been involved in the Royal Jewels thread, a forum exists specifically for the discussion of the jewelry of royal families all over the world and it is already replete with many pages of photographs and a lot of history. I assumed that when people knew that when they wanted to post about royal jewelry they could post to that thread. Not everyone have been aware of the thread, however.

There is another thread just about tiaras for that belong to non-royalty. Because the thread on royal jewelry includes only tiaras that belong to royalty.

I will post both links here. I find myself , now, being the one to ask you if you would mind reposting some of the interesting things you wrote in this thread in The Royal Jewels thread. I would like to have a record of all the comments you made here that have not, yet, been posted there in that thread. In my mind that thread remains the repository of Pricescope wisdom about royal jewels and history. I would hate anything you said in a thread here to be lost to it.

Royal Jewels...https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/royal-jewels.73838/

Tiaras...https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiaras.153398/

Deb/AGBF

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi again Deb/AGBF, thank you for the message, explanations and links. I’ll definitely have a look at Non Royal Tiaras too, sounds like another great thread.
I’m happy to repost my contributions from here on the Royal Jewels thread as requested, but as it’s late here now I’ll have to do it when I have a little more time, hopefully tomorrow.
I presume you’d like the other really interesting photos etc here too by eg. Daisy and Diamonds, which are really great.

Thank you so much @Daisys and Diamonds, I’m sorry I haven’t thanked you sooner for adding all the wonderful photos and fascinating historic details. It must have taken you a lot of time and effort to create and I really appreciate it. I hope you don’t mind if I add your posts to the Royalty Jewels thread too.

Thank you.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not want to overwork you, Hounddog! Please re-post at your leisure and only if you feel the urge to do so. I realize that I do not run the world, (although sometimes I would like to). I really did want you to know that I seen your contributions here and appreciated them. I would be sorry if they were "lost" to the Royal Jewels thread, but it is not my job to manage your time!

Deb :wavey:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi again Deb/AGBF, thank you for the message, explanations and links. I’ll definitely have a look at Non Royal Tiaras too, sounds like another great thread.
I’m happy to repost my contributions from here on the Royal Jewels thread as requested, but as it’s late here now I’ll have to do it when I have a little more time, hopefully tomorrow.
I presume you’d like the other really interesting photos etc here too by eg. Daisy and Diamonds, which are really great.

Thank you so much @Daisys and Diamonds, I’m sorry I haven’t thanked you sooner for adding all the wonderful photos and fascinating historic details. It must have taken you a lot of time and effort to create and I really appreciate it. I hope you don’t mind if I add your posts to the Royalty Jewels thread too.

Thank you.
please go ahead hounddog
ive only been here a short time but i had sniffed that royal jewles thread out previously and its swoon worthy and also lots of lovelly pictures about other equally glamouse royal families from Europe and Asia.
im still learning the rules here but when i saw your thread i got very overly excitted !
I don't sleep well so i watch alot of documentaries on u tube in bed on my phone
i found this place in the middle of the night too
and i got very excitted to find people to shear it with
thank you =)2

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
please go ahead hounddog
ive only been here a short time but i had sniffed that royal jewles thread out previously and its swoon worthy and also lots of lovelly pictures about other equally glamouse royal families from Europe and Asia.
im still learning the rules here but when i saw your thread i got very overly excitted !
I don't sleep well so i watch alot of documentaries on u tube in bed on my phone
i found this place in the middle of the night too
and i got very excitted to find people to shear it with
thank you =)2

I have noticed your considerable contributions to the Royal Jewels thread, Daisys and Diamonds. Thank you for all your contributions to Pricescope; you are active in many fora I read!

Deb :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results