shape
carat
color
clarity

quality versus price.. what do you think about this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockMyWorld

Rough_Rock
Your response needed!!!!
What do you think about the quality of this diamond for the price? I do realize it is not a perfect princess cut based on L:W ratio, and WANT it that way :)

Thanks for your Input:

PRICE $ 29, 376.56 GIA CERT PRINCESS CUT DIAMOND SOLITARE

CT 2.23
Color - D
Clarity - VS1
Measurements 7.72x7.21x4.86
Depth 67.4%
Table 65%
Girdle - Thin to Sl Thick
Culet - None
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - VG
Fluorescence - NONE

PS Does ANYBODY have any software programs where you can plug in the table, depth percentage, etc, and get an actual representation of a graphic image of "your" diamond? Mathematically, this is possible.. just wondering if any softwear program companies had this available???

THANK YOU!~!!!!!!!!
"RockMyWorld"
9.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems rather expensive.

There is such software, you don't have the necessary information to create a realistic model.

RockMyWorld

Rough_Rock
Julie, if you know of of any softwear available for download, purchase, etc. please give its name? As far as my data, don''t worry about it. As to expense, this diamond is housed near the Rockefeller building in Manhattan.. hehehe... HIGH RENT!!!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiamCalc

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That''s a lot of money by anybody''s standards and if that''s your budget - it pays to make sure you get a fantastic looking stone for the money.

I am interested to know why you are so confident with your data and ''want'' it that way despite the fact, as you have already mentioned it''s not a perfectly cut princess diamond. It is also more rectangular than square looking at the proportions (7.72x7.21).

At that price range, try to choose cut quality over the other factors. It makes more of a difference. A 1.8Ct perfect princess will sparkle, scintillate and look like a gorgeous diamond and be more visually appealing than a larger, poorer cut of higher colour and clarity.

And I''m sure the profit margins of a ''high rent'' store means that you probably are not getting best value for money. However, if the stone really jumps out at you ... and says ''buy buy buy'' and you''re happy then ... you''re happy!

All the best.

PS - softwear should be spelt software.

Kelkel

Rough_Rock
I agree with tanalasta. The diamond also has a large table and is very deep. It appears that it''s cut for size than for brilliance.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelkel, it''s a princess.

Kelkel

Rough_Rock
My bad. I''m sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results