shape
carat
color
clarity

Quality of these 1ct stones???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PS

Rough_Rock
Hi to all,

I''m considering the following diamonds (to be used for earrings):

Cost of each is about US$4700-

What are the forums thoughts on the quality of each stone???

Which 2 stones would be best (I assume STONE 2 is the best)???

For the purposes of my question assume HRD gradings/certificates are accurate & stones are true Hearts & Arrows.

STONE 1-
HRD
brilliant - 1.01ct - G - SI1 - Hearts & Arrows
6.37 - 6.40 x 3.96 (ie. total depth = 62?)
fluor. nil
VG/VG
culet pointed
girdle medium 4.5% faceted
table 59%
crown 14.5%
pavillion 43%
HCA score is 2.2 (VG/VG/VG/VG)

STONE 2-
HRD
6.38 - 6.42 x 3.96 (ie. total depth = 61.9?)
Fluor. slight
VG/VG
culet pointed
girdle medium 4% faceted
table 58%
crown 14.5%
pavillion 43%
HCA score is approx. 1.3 within TIC range (EX/EX/EX/VG)

STONE 3-
HRD
6.27 - 6.33 x 4.03 (ie. total depth = 64?)
Fluor. nil
VG/G
culet pointed
girdle medium 4% faceted
table 55%
crown 16%
pavillion 43%
HCA score is approx. 2.1 (VG/EX/VG/G)

THX in advance.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 and #2 have the most similar diameters and table size, and those are the two most visible things to me. I''d want to see the inclusions, though. #3 is too deep which is making the stone smaller than it should be for a 1 ct. stone.

avlis

Shiny_Rock
I guess i would go with #2 if these are your 3 finalists

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif

HRD is an Antwerp based lab, according to some professional opinions, it is an accurate lab which is widely used outside the US, however there may be some differences. But it is a reputable lab withall and is not widely known of Stateside. Also because a diamond is said to be H&A doesn''t mean it is. A true H&A has to conform to very rigid standards, because a diamond might display this effect doesn''t mean it can be considered to be, many well cut diamonds will show an arrow pattern for example.

Regarding your choices, I don''t know how to convert crown and pav percents to angles which are more accurate, but I would knock the last diamond out of the running at once due to it''s depth. See if your vendor can run a Sarin on these diamonds, he might have the equipment on the premises, so we can get a better idea of proportion. I would want this info if I was lucky enough to be getting a carat per ear!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others, first two are the contenders. Try and get a Sain on them. I have heard experts on here say HRD is the equivalent of GIA, and like Lorelei said, are reputable.

Lucky you!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results