shape
carat
color
clarity

Quality of Tacori E-Rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have fallen in love with a Tacori setting for my OEC, but I''m a little worrried about the quality issues that some people have had with the brand. I did a search on this forum and it seems like most people had quality issues with Tacori a few years back. Are these issues still occuring? Has Tacori gotten its act together?

Would it be a better idea to have a piece custom made that is Tacori inspired? Is there a designer out there that works in this type of detail?

Tacori Ring

Thanks...

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I have a Tacori ring. I''m very happy with it, and don''t have any problems. Why would you think this particular band would have a problem?

My ring has tiny pave diamonds around the center stone; all are still perfectly in place. I have tiny diamonds on either side and underneath. All are still where they should be. My platinum band has never changed color, has only minor scratches, and has certainly retained its shape.

Tacori is a ''custom'' ring. It is made to fit your center stones specs; they are not fitting your stone into an already mass produced semi-mount. It is handcrafted; any ring that is will have its own personal quirks and will not be ''perfect'' -- as if stamped out of a mold. But that just ensures a ''one-of-a-kind'' ring, doesn''t it?

If you love this ring, and it is a beautiful design, I have no reason to believe that you would not be pleased.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I have no problems with my ring. I wish the prongs were different but they delivered what they were supposed to. I never discussed with my jeweler anything different so the result is exactly what I should have expected.

Overall I am very happy with my ring. I wear it everywhere and I haven''t had a problem with the pave at all.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
there was a spell where it seems tacori was having some quality control issues a few years ago but as of late there hasn''t been anywhere close to the problems reported here so I would say they have gotten their act together. I would recommend buying from a local jeweler who can go to bat for you if there would happen to be a problem though.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2009 10:50:19 PM
Author: HollyS
I have a Tacori ring. I''m very happy with it, and don''t have any problems. Why would you think this particular band would have a problem?

My ring has tiny pave diamonds around the center stone; all are still perfectly in place. I have tiny diamonds on either side and underneath. All are still where they should be. My platinum band has never changed color, has only minor scratches, and has certainly retained its shape.

Tacori is a ''custom'' ring. It is made to fit your center stones specs; they are not fitting your stone into an already mass produced semi-mount. It is handcrafted; any ring that is will have its own personal quirks and will not be ''perfect'' -- as if stamped out of a mold. But that just ensures a ''one-of-a-kind'' ring, doesn''t it?

If you love this ring, and it is a beautiful design, I have no reason to believe that you would not be pleased.
Hi Holly,

I did a search on "Tacori" and "Tacori Problems" on this forum and a lot of results came up with people having many issues with their rings. Like I said though, all of the issues seemed to happen a few years back. But people on this forum were mentioning that jewelers were dropping this brand due to quality issues.

I am SO hoping this is just something that was going on a few years ago!! So far, what I am hearing is good news! I do really love this setting.

Thanks again...

RBsearch

Rough_Rock
Just got mine, and the workmanship seems great. But I haven''t had it long enough to comment on durability yet.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t worry about it too much. Even if something did happen, the nice thing about going with a brand like that is that they will fix it and get it right. Definitely work with a jeweler you like who carries tacori though. This will make things easier if something does go wrong.

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 10:33:48 PM
Author:House Cat
I have fallen in love with a Tacori setting for my OEC, but I''m a little worrried about the quality issues that some people have had with the brand. I did a search on this forum and it seems like most people had quality issues with Tacori a few years back. Are these issues still occuring? Has Tacori gotten its act together?

Would it be a better idea to have a piece custom made that is Tacori inspired? Is there a designer out there that works in this type of detail?

Tacori Ring

Thanks...
I have been wearing my Tacori since August 2007 and have not had any problems at all with it.

I know how you feel - when we were first considering it I also searched this site for "Tacori problems" to see what came up. It also seemed to me at the time that there were lots of postings with lots of problems, but when I drilled down I learned that there were actually only a few problems and the posts were from a lot of the same people about the same issue. And sometimes the problem was not actually with the ring, but with the jeweller who was selling it to them.

Anyway, I have been very happy with my ring and love to see it when it shows up on some TV program or other. I have seen it presented on two shows for sure, and some have been a bit too fuzzy, but seemed to be the same design.

As far as getting another designer to make you one like it - you might get a very good product, but if Tacori is what you have your heart set on - then you would always know that yours was NOT a Tacori - if you know what I mean. If that would not bother you, then you could go ahead and have something designed in your favorite style and be very pleased with the result.

Just my thoughts.

BI

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was looking at settings, two jewelers told me they had had problems with Tacori settings. The ones that they were having the most problems with were the ones with the crescent sides in platinum. The cut-outs made the settings very delicate and subject to more damage and loss of tiny stones. I have not heard of similar problems with the more solid band designs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results