shape
carat
color
clarity

Quality of James Allen's uncertified diamonds

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
I am a newbie and am interested in buying some dangling stud earrings. I really like the price and design of the pear earrings on James Allen: <http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond-studs/preset/earrings/item_76-8099.asp>. I would have to go with the pre-set earrings, though, as they don't have any good, matching loose stones in my size (looking for tcw between .75 - .90) at the moment.

I was wondering whether anyone could advise how good James Allen's uncertified diamonds are? The SA I've been corresponding with assured me they'd be equivalent to Ideal cut. I would feel more confident if I were ordering from Brian Gavin based on his reputation but James Allen is a little unknown to me. I want the maximum amount of sparkle I can afford!

Please advise. Thank you!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
it really difficult to come up with solid advice for you. A budget is likely part of the decision process for you. What if the JA diamonds at 0.90ct are just a tad below a perfect "ideal" and those from Gavin are perfectly "ideal" and weight 0.80ct. Which pair might have MORe sparkle? Maybe the larger paid would and maybe the smaller pair would. More size adds to overall sparkle in much the same way finer cut can add to sparkle. Likely as not, either vendor will give you something you'd like a bunch.

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
If Brian Gavin offered a comparable style, I'd strongly consider ordering it from him. His prices for settings - especially platinum - are nearly double James Allen's, though, so a big part of my budget would be used up on that before we even got to the stones!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Did you call JA and ask if they have a matching set? There may be some not online.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results