shape
carat
color
clarity

Qs.. for PSers with kids. At what age did you became a parent?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was exactly 1 mo shy of my 25th birthday when I gave birth to my son. I had just celebrated by 35th Birthday 21 Days before my daughter was born. My babies are 10 years apart.
I was 38 when I met DH’s children, and I was 41 when I became their step-mother.
All together, we have 6 awesome kids:
Boy: 21
Boy: 19 (attending college)
Boy: 18
Girl: 17
Boy: 15
Girl: 9
No grandbabies, yet. Not rushing that, either....lol! Plenty of time for life to happen for them. The college student is my son, who is pursuing a Pharm-D, and wants to get into Compound Pharmacy. He’s found a lovely lady, who shares the love of playing Lacrosse (they both play), and he seems content with his life, at the moment.
DH’s daughter is in a committed relationship, and is looking forward to graduating HS, next year.
Everyone else is enjoying life, working or going to school, and figuring it out.
DH & I are looking forward to our adventure as a couple, before we are grandparents; we’ve always been “Mom & Dad”. We are looking forward to being husband & wife...all alone...lol!
We are hoping, at some point, to move forward into the next phases of our childrens’ lives, when that time comes.
I think I’d be a fun Oma!! :mrgreen2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL. My daughter was 4 when I became a grandma for the 1st time. That was in 2004. I was 42
You should have waited another 5 yrs to have your last child. Imagine, your daughter would be younger than your first grandkid. :clap:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
35 with son #1
39 with son #2,

son #1 is 31 with his first child due 4/20/19 a girl, Autumn Marie !!!
son #2 is 27 and livin' da life in NYC.

I am thrilled at the prospect of being a grandmother. I don't care if I was a grandmother but it's totally a wonderful feeling of love I have now!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
35 with son #1
39 with son #2,

I am thrilled at the prospect of being a grandmother. I don't care if I was a grandmother but it's totally a wonderful feeling of love I have now!

Your excitement is palpable! So happy for you! A beautiful name too!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your excitement is palpable! So happy for you! A beautiful name too!

Aw CEG thank you! I have to say I didn't like it at first (and often say Amber not Autumn, hubster said QUIT IT!).. but I love it and I look forward soooooo much to being Nanny. Thank you so much. :) pix will be on NIRDI's probably! (gotta ask my son when she comes if I can).

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our two daughters are exactly 17 months apart to the date. In fact DD #2 just turn 31 today. :eek-2:

I have to say, it was VERY hard work having two babies in nappies etc, especially as they were both c-sections, the second of which made hitting the ground running very hard when I got home. Living in a very rural community with no facilities (& not many pavements along the lanes) or even a little shop to pop to, made the 6 week driving ban particularly difficult, but I am extremely proud of how I handled everything, how much walking through the fields the 3 of us did with a pram & boogie board attached, and how positive I managed to stay.

Being out of the Baby Fog now, as they grow up, I am so glad I had them close together, as I expect you are too. My girls are the best of friends & have sleepovers in each other’s bedrooms on weekends. I hope that bond continues into the rest of their lives.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I'd turned 33 a few days prior to adopting my 1st child who was 10 months old at the time. I'd turned 34 2 weeks prior to having my 2nd child.

OMG

Rough_Rock
Are you a grandparent yet? if yes at what age?

I had my first child at 28. My oldest is only 9... so no grandchildren in our near future...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
35 with son #1
39 with son #2,

You'll spoil her. We get to see our two grandkids at least 5X per week since we all live within 2.5 miles of each other. My wife wakes up at 7:30 am M-F to go babysitting.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I was 26 when I had my first son, 28 with second and 32 with 3rd.

My boys are nearly 20, nearly 18 and 13, no grandies from them but my husband has grown children from his marriage and has 5 grandkids. They call me Nanny M....
It's adorable.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was 26 when our first daughter was born. We adopted our second daughter when I was 33 and she was 11 months old. Our first grandchild is on the way!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
You should have waited another 5 yrs to have your last child. Imagine, your daughter would be younger than your first grandkid. :clap:

And the same Dr delivered all three of my kids.....even though 17 years apart! :)

Had C-sections with all 3.

Had my tubes tied after 2nd son in 1983. Had it reversed in 1998 and had my daughter in 1999.

Sounds like I enjoy being cut on, doesn't it?

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Let's see: I was 26, 28 exactly, and 32. I may still be up for another. :geek2: FH has a 15 year old, she was born in my heart not so long ago but I would have been 23 had I birthed her. =)2

So lovely to hear of some Brady bunch families!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had my daughter at 22, actually a week later I turned 23, but I am sticking to that.
Had my fourth at 29, and my 5th at 36. He was a surprise.

Became a grandparent at 57.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was 23 with the first, they are now 36, 34, 31 and 29

I have 3 grandkids, was 55 when the first was born.

Q

Queenie60

32 and 36; not by choice as we had infertility problems.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Time for another one? :whistle:

Ohhhhhh no! I’m done.....
Funny thing is that all 3 are by the same husband. I get ask a lot if they have different dads? Or, oh she was an accident. NOPE....same dad and she was very well planned and cost me also of $$$.
My daughter was actually born the year of my 20th wedding anniversary! :)

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
I was 35 (married for 14 years prior by choice). ;)2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let's see...
I had my first kitty at 26 and then 2 more at 27:P2.
No grand kitties yet. That might prove challenging since they are all neutered.;(
:lol-2:

Oh wait, never mind. You said Kids. Not Kitty.:whistle:

200.gif
:lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
21, 26, and 31. I have one grandson who just turned 2!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heard that my niece will give birth to her 2nd child at the age of 45. She will be eligible to collect SS when her daughter graduates from HS. Hope my niece have enough energy to keep up with her daughter. Having a baby at 45? :o

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
26 and 29, they are 17 and 14.
I have been informed that they will never have children. I remember saying the same in all sincerity:lol:
If they do, great. If they don't, great.
We'll see.

winetime12

Shiny_Rock
I had my one and only at 25
She is 14 and doesn’t want kids so I may not be a grandma and I’m ok with that, but we’ll see what happens!

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I was 25 when I had my daughter and my son was born on my 28th birthday.
Neither of my children intend to have children so I will likely never become a grandparent.

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was 15 when I had my first daughter and 30 when I had my second daughter , I am Nanna to 4 grandkids who are 21, 19, 17, and 15 . Youngest daughter married last September and has no children yet . =)2

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I had my first at 31 and then my second one 5 years later, which was a little longer gap than I wanted, but it ended up working out just fine for our family :) Big sis is so sweet with the little one and little sis looks up to her so much!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I had our first at 23, second at 26 and twins at 27. Phew! DS is 23 now and just married, I hope they wait a bit and enjoy life before having children. The younger girls are 19, 19 and 20. So it’ll be a bit before they start!
I loved having ours so young. I am looking forward to having energy to enjoy our grandbabies when the timing is right.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Step Mumma @ 31
Mumma @ 35.5 :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results