shape
carat
color
clarity

Q''s about buying a diamond and setting from different places

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Marie25

Rough_Rock
So far I think I''ve found a great diamond at WF but I''m not too sure whether I like any of their settings. We''re trying to keep setting cost down (under $1000) to ensure the $ can be spend on the diamond instead.

Question 1:

If you buy the setting somewhere else, who sets the diamond? The diamond people of the setting people?

Question 2:

Am I being a difficult customer by buying a diamond at one place and setting it at another? Are there hidden costs in doing this?

Question 3:

Ideally what are the best places to buy diamonds from. So far I''m only feeling comfortable with WF and GOG. What are the advantages to purchasing at these places or any others?

Question 4:

Does anyone have experience buying a setting at Antique Engagement Rings? They have some very beautiful settings at readonable prices.

Thanks for your help.

Marie

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Marie, I''ll try to help.

1. That depends. Some setting designers have to set the stone, or their warranty is no good. If that''s not the case, I think most would, and do recommend having the place where you bought the diamond set it. But there is no hard and fast rule here.

2. No, you''re not being difficult! This is done all the time. If you don''t get the setting and stone from the same place, and you have the diamond place set it, there will most likely be a small setting fee.

3. Besides WF and GOG, there are many reputable vendors to choose from. You can look under Resources at the top of the page, and then search on here for testamionials. I would only suggest you go with someone who has a good upgrade policy, just in case.
28.gif

4. I''m not sure, do a search on here and see. I believe so, but can''t remember.

HTH

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I seem to follow Ellen around saying "Ditto'' ! here''s another example - ditto !

One other important point to consider is that if the diamond people do the setting, often they will take responsibility for the diamond while it is being set. Some designers setting your stone will not cover it in the event of chipping etc. Just another thing to think about.

a

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results