shape
carat
color
clarity

Q for ya ladies about hand bags..

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got into handbags/purses 2 years ago when I started working. Since then, I've been steadily increasing my collection - so much so, that it is now using up most of my jewelry budget! This year, I've bought 2 Prada and 1 Ferragamo - each well over 1K. Purses are 'my thing'. I have a yearly budget, and to be honest, I can more than afford them on my pay, so I don't see a reason not to splurge every now and then. *shrug*

I, too, am a member of the purse forum, but under a different name. I don't spend much time there, only to do some research before I make a big purchase.

iLander, I have to check out your thread and drool over your new purchase!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not big on bags either. I have one Jimmy Choo bag which I lusted over for ages and got it for a good price in a sale but that's the only bag that I've spent quite a lot on. Give me shoes any day.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two Coach bags, and I don't even really care for them (they were gifts). I don't get what the fuss is about since they're basically just fabric. $300 for a fabric bag? :???:

I like this designer who is really affordable, Kathy Van Zeeland. Her bags are about $75-95. They are really fun and stylish, and I get more compliments on those than on any other handbag I own.

The problem with Coach and LV is that there are sooo many knock offs worn by anyone and everyone that no one is impressed if you carry a real one. Those brands lost their exclusivity IMO.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
risingsun|1313699819|2993642 said:
rosetta|1313695716|2993584 said:
risingsun|1313689913|2993510 said:
I belong to a purse forum. I discovered a brand named Belen Echandia. They are designed in London and made in Italy. I love the styles, leathers, colors and what is called the couture service. If they don't have a bag you would like in stock, you can have one made up for you. The price point is between $500-1200. I don't want to spend more, because then I'm getting into jewelry territory ;)) These bags are well made and I've stopped buying other brands. The biggest drawback is you cannot see them in person. Of all the BE bags I have, there was only one that I didn't care for. It was very popular and someone was more than happy to take it off my hands at full price. Sorry if this sounded like an ad. I just enjoy these bags :!:

I'm a BE fan too :wavey:

:wavey: to rosetta! I just BEC'd a matte coffee Covet Me with brass hardware and fuchsia lining. It arrived last week. It's a beauty :))
If you like, we can go to the shopping subforum and talk about the styles we have. What do you think :naughty:

Ooooh. Lovely choice risingsun! I'm hankering for a python supernova clutch in mulberry for a night out on the town.....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1313773643|2994326 said:
The problem with Coach and LV is that there are sooo many knock offs worn by anyone and everyone that no one is impressed if you carry a real one. Those brands lost their exclusivity IMO.
like a big diamond ring?.. :bigsmile:

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1313634304|2993074 said:
my opinion about women carrying the following brands of hand bags.
Coach ...teenager-30 yrs old
LV........spoiled teenagers-40 yrs old
Chanel...rich women over 40 yrs old
Hermas..filthy rich women over 40 yrs old
am i correct??... :praise:
That sounds about right, DF! ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results