shape
carat
color
clarity

Q for halo ring owners. Do you like the style or b/c it makes the center stone appear bigger?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haloed, then un-haloed, then solitaired, now back to halo. I think I like a halo best for my stone size 2.20ct. More bling and I am not going up from this stone. And I love my VC! Finger size makes a difference too since I have a 7.5 I want more coverage.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a metal halo. I like it because I feel it really protects my diamond. But I don’t like it bc I feel like the diamond gets dirtier more and it’s harder to keep clean. I may eventually reset it into an 8 prong setting if I find one I love.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am already sensitive about the diamond size of my two e-ring diamonds, so both will remain set without halos. I do plan to reset the AVR but it will be in an antique style solitaire. I do have right hand rings with halos and I rarely wear them because I am very casual most of the time. I just enjoy having a project!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I like them Bc I love the aesthetic.
I love ornate. Always have. One of the reasons I love antique jewelry so much. I’ve tried solitaires so many times Bc i think that I miss my diamond—like the fear that it gets lost in the halo. But I can only last s few months before I think my soli is boring. Stacking doesn’t help either. I love the way a soli looks on others, but not on me. Also, a soli feels so traditional imo, and I’m not traditional at all. Another side effect, I get tons more compliments when I’m wearing a halo than a soli and I think it’s bc people feel more comfy complimenting an intricate ring rather than a plain one? Like, a halo requires a close-up look, to appreciate the details and not just to evaluate the 4 C’s, which would be kind of awkward.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess a little of both - I like the extra sparkle and the added finger coverage. A halo helped me get over my DSS!

I forgot to answer the other question...no, I wouldn't unhalo...it's interesting that some people feel a halo takes away from the center stone...in my case at least, I've found the opposite to be true, I think the halo setting has somehow enhanced the faceting of my OEC. A few people on PS noticed the difference without my saying anything.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a metal halo. I like it because I feel it really protects my diamond. But I don’t like it bc I feel like the diamond gets dirtier more and it’s harder to keep clean. I may eventually reset it into an 8 prong setting if I find one I love.

It never occured to me that this kind of setting would get dirty more easily, good to know. I've always liked the metal halo type settings b/c it adds visual interest and protects the stone without taking up as much space as a diamond halo.

I originally wanted a low color center stone in a white halo to show more contrast but ended up with a solitaire. I was not wanting the overall ring to look too big at the time but now I don't think there is really a too big or too small, it is all in how you wear it.

I have one colored stone ring with a delicate halo and while I bought it for the overall look it definitely increases the size impact. People think the ring is fancier than it really is b/c of the halo if that makes sense.

The very fine halos like VCs emilya are beautiful but I'm too paranoid and/or clumsy for tiny stones on an ering.

And the larger halos look pretty but feel more rhr to me (for me, i like them on others). I have a fashion jewelry ring that is rough sapphire surrounded by white topaz in a floral pattern and for that one the halo is what made the overall design appealing

Very longwinded way of saying "it depends" :lol-2::mrgreen2::lol:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It never occured to me that this kind of setting would get dirty more easily, good to know. I've always liked the metal halo type settings b/c it adds visual interest and protects the stone without taking up as much space as a diamond

I did find the best way to clean my ring by the way! I bought foaming dawn dishwashing liquid. I add water and soak all my rings in it overnight. It’s amazing. It gets rid off all the grease. Previously I was using an ultrasonic with windex and water but every time I looked at my rings it still looked cloudy some spots. This works and I don’t worry about shaking any stones loose.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results