shape
carat
color
clarity

Q for CutNut Garry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Garry I have been looking at everyone post their wedding and eternity rings and loved the look of a kick arse solitare with a diamond wedding ring. So when I met up with Bec at Precious Metals I was more than happy to run with a diamond wedding band as well as my new ER. My question is what is the difference between your grain set ring and bead set rings? I have never seen a post about a grain setting.
Thanking you and hope it is not too smoky in Melbourne today with all the bush fires around
2.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/12/2007 9:13:10 PM
Author:katebar
Garry I have been looking at everyone post their wedding and eternity rings and loved the look of a kick arse solitare with a diamond wedding ring. So when I met up with Bec at Precious Metals I was more than happy to run with a diamond wedding band as well as my new ER. My question is what is the difference between your grain set ring and bead set rings? I have never seen a post about a grain setting.
Thanking you and hope it is not too smoky in Melbourne today with all the bush fires around
2.gif
No smoke from fires today.

Grains are beads Kate. Sometimes it is also called thread set.
Yours is shared beads or grains so the diamonds are very very close together.
Like 39 here I think?
http://preciousmetals.com.au/product/cat_enquiry.asp?RN=5&FP=Cat5

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Garry. This is the what I wanted to hear from you. It looked stunning in real life and looks just as good in the PDF Can''t wait
36.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 1:23:23 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
I wonder whose ring this is?
That''s my ring is''nt it Garry
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Oh it looks beautiful. I can''t believe its nearly mine.
Thanks for the sneak peak
2.gif

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ooooo ... very very nice. I am definitely going to have to put Garry's store on my 'list' next time I visit Melbourne.

Now if only I had a lot more money (and whiteflah has more D-F coloured VVS/VS ACA stones in their inventory) I would go there in a jiffy.

Gorgeous e-ring with the classic 6-prong tiffany style. Congratulations ... that's a stunner. So what are the specs of the stone and setting (white gold or platinum)? Out of curiosity, what platinum allow does Garry use at PreciousMetals? I know Tiffany use Pt/Ru for their channel sets / anniversary rings.

I like the half-circle anniversary channel set rings ... but then again I'm biased. A 0.33Ct total (so 3 pointer stones x 11) channel set, half-circle is $4000 from TIffany's (diamonds G, VS). I'm sure Garry's version is just as nice - if not nicer ... and better value for money! Either way, all of the ones on that brochure are really nice.

NB: The brochure itself is so nice... I got a copy via the mail and my jeweller asked to 'borrow it' so I can't ogle at the pictures anymore
5.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 1:23:23 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
I wonder whose ring this is?
30.gif

Beautiful.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Tanalasta. I pick it up on Friday along with my grain set diamond wedding ring
36.gif
The stone is from GOG and is a 1.32 G VS2 Ideal and is a stunning stone in IMO. The setting is platinum.
Thanks also Ellen I''m so excited and yesterday was my actual 20th wedding anniversary so it was kind of neat that we got to ''see'' the ring on the day
9.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
It''s really beautiful. Garry, great job. Katebar, I LOVE your ring.

shay

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa! Nice ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results