shape
carat
color
clarity

Putting my camera through the paces.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin, story behind the ring, you ask:

Initially, I wanted a square stone because I didn''t want the same old solitaire round that everyone has. I wanted something different. However, once I learned about ideal stones, I was a goner. For me, the whole thrill of a diamond (vs other gems) is the incredible sparkle, so if there''s a way to get more of that, I want it. That meant going with an ideal-cut round.

So, I decided that I''d get the ''something different'' by choosing a less common setting. I initially wanted to flank my stone with aquas (hubby''s birthstone), but two things pulled me away from that. Aquas aren''t as hardy as diamonds (and don''t tolerate ultrasonic cleaning), and it''s hard to get the aqua body color to show in such small stones. I found a great deal on the diamond side stones and bought them instead.

When I was window-shopping in the mall, I noticed that the rings my eyes were most attracted to were 6-prongs. So, I wanted a 6-prong three-stone. I also fell in love with MWM heart-prongs and loved his buttercup style head. I also wanted 2-tone....I wear all yellow gold (better for my skin tone), but I wanted platinum heads to prevent color seepage near the stones. When I realized that I really wanted these things, I knew I''d have to go custom to get what I wanted.

Mara helped HUGELY - she pored through site after site trying to find ideas on 3-stones as well, and she found the LMege ring that hugely inspired mine. I actually phoned LM hoping to work with him on it, but he made a few disparaging comments about the changes I wanted and implied my stone was too meager to look good that way......rubbed me the wrong way.

When I talked to Brian at WF, he said that what I wanted was ABSOLUTELY possible, and that he''d be thrilled to make it for me. It was very much a collaboration....I initially wanted a thinner shank, and he explained why it wouldn''t support the weight of my stones. I initially was going to go with 3-prongs on the sides; Brian said he''d do it if I wanted it, but he felt it might look ''unfinished''. He was right - the 6-prongs on all three were the right way to go.

The net result is a ring that is extremely unique. It has a very romantic, flowing feel, and I''m delighted with the result.
9.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
aljdewey:

OK, this is my favorte.
Something about this picture speaks to me. It has kind of a sophiticated elegance... almost regal. I really like it!
You''ve got some fabulous shots there! What a GREAT way to spend the day!
Keep ''em coming!!!
36.gif

More... more... MORE!!!!!

SuzyQZs Favorite.jpg

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
WoW! Great pics!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
These photos are beautiful artwork!

Nice job,

lawmax
1.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Beautiful pics!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love those cd rainbow shots!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with SuzyQ...that is my fave shot too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pictures! You are far ahead of me! I haven''t mastered functional yet on my new camera! Of course, it might help if I''d take time to open the manual!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! I just love the story about your 3 stone. Such a special piece. Was it an upgrade?

Thanks for the info about Aquas not being able to withstand an ultrasonic. But I''m guessing that Sapphires do?

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I really like your 3 stone ring. How original that it''s a 6 prong setting. I just love 6 prongs. Great pics.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results