shape
carat
color
clarity

putting moissanite in a cz eternity band someday?

jenniepurls81

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

For our anniversary my husband graciously let me pick out an anniversary ring in the $200 price range. I'm a 30 something stay at home mom and we have one income, I'm grateful he agreed to this much. :) I found a 2.40 tcw cz eternity band in white gold, pic attached, with 24 round czs 3mm each. My question is, someday when money allows could a jeweler replace the 24 czs with 24 round moissanites? If I were to buy those myself it would be $400 to $500, but I wonder how expensive the labor would be to have a jeweler put those in the setting. Does anyone have any experience with this or have an estimate of how much that might cost? Thanks so much.

eternity_band.jpg

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
We aren't permitted to discuss either CZ or moissanite here.

That said, the labor to remove and replace is almost never worth it on an eternity band. You'd be better off removing and remaking, or, for the cost you're paying for this one, just get a new eternity band when you want an upgrade. The labor costs alone would exceed the cost of the new band.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kb1gra|1444861599|3938328 said:
We aren't permitted to discuss either CZ or moissanite here.

That said, the labor to remove and replace is almost never worth it on an eternity band. You'd be better off removing and remaking, or, for the cost you're paying for this one, just get a new eternity band when you want an upgrade. The labor costs alone would exceed the cost of the new band.
All this. May as well as just save up for whatever you want and not re-set. You may want to check etsy for some affordable options.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Or check LoupeTroop or diamondbistro if you are not opposed to buying preloved. You will likely get more for your money. Good luck!

jenniepurls81

Rough_Rock
Very cool websites, thanks for letting me know!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results