shape
carat
color
clarity

Putting in an offer on a house!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
OMG, OMG!

Two weeks ago, I was in NC with no plans to move.

A week later, FI and I had found a 2BR townhouse to rent, starting in Dec.

Yesterday, after several days of working with a wonderful realtor, we've found an amazing house that we are going to put an offer in on!

I'm so excited, but anxious at the same time. I've viewed so many properties, and this one has so much personality and only needs a reasonable amount of work! The HUGE downside is that it is a short sale,
15.gif
so basically, we will be sitting and waiting for probably months to see if we can move forward with the purchase. How frustrating! I'll probably take a break from looking at properties for a little bit, but then get back to it. So many short sales never go through
7.gif
, so we know that it's a gamble, but we're really happy with the find. My barometer with houses that I looked at was whether I would be proud to bring my parents to my new home, and I would be so thrilled to show them this property! It has EVERYTHING on my wishlist of features... hardwood floors, fireplace, lots of natural light and bay windows, a garage (for FI and his bikes) and a big yard for the dog, but describing it does no justice!

So, we need lots of house dust!!!

Yay!!! (I hope!)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s so exciting!

Lots of dust that your offer is accepted and that everything goes very smoothly with the short sale. YAAAAAAAAY!!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2009 4:38:07 PM
Author: Haven
That''s so exciting!

Lots of dust that your offer is accepted and that everything goes very smoothly with the short sale. YAAAAAAAAY!!!!
ditto! Dust Dust Dust Trill!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
That''s so exciting that you found one you like. Sending lots of dust your way!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Good luck! Is the house in NC? You guys are long distance currently, right?

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 5:02:28 PM
Author: Selkie
Good luck! Is the house in NC? You guys are long distance currently, right?
We have been LD for 5 years! I''m moving to DC baby!
9.gif

We''re excited... I am now an HGtv junkie!
3.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like everything is falling into place! I hope that the offer is accepted and that you''ll be on your way to homeownership.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of dust your way Trill. I hope the offer is accepted. This is sooo exciting, will keep my fingers and toes crossed for good measure.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I hope it goes smoothly and you get it! You''re right in that sometimes you never hear back for months, but on the flip side, occassionally they move very fast. Maybe yours will be the latter!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 5:04:53 PM
Author: trillionaire

We have been LD for 5 years! I''m moving to DC baby!
9.gif

We''re excited... I am now an HGtv junkie!
3.gif

W00t! Congratulations. Haha, that happened when we bought a house too!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Wow, dust!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
good luck Trill !!
36.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Tons of house dust! That''s so awesome that you found a great place and you''ll finally get to live with your FI (whether you get this house or not!)
9.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the congrats, well wishes and dust ladies and gents!
5.gif

Man, looking at houses is EXHAUSTING!
3.gif
Actually, I was having a lot of fin, but I hope I'm DONE! This house had more warmth, charm and character than any of the other cookie cutter homes that I saw. There were two others that I really loved, but they needed SO much work. Not that we're unwilling, but when I saw THE house, my realtor just looked at me and smiled. He knew that I loved it immediately, lol, and the only work we would have to do is bathroom updating, which we can do ourselves, and maybe carpet in the basement (because FI is cold natured) and some light work outdoors. Man, I really hope that the stars align on this one!
37.gif
I'm even more anxious after hearing that the property is owned by Bank of America
7.gif
, so it could be a long wait. We're not in a rush to move, so honestly, waiting even a year would be fine as long as we get the house... I just don't want to be strung along for months and get nothing out of it.

Ok... more dust! LOL

Bia

Ideal_Rock

That is soooo exciting! I hope it all works in your favor Tril!!!

Fingers crossed and lots of *dust* your way!

36.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''m sending all of the leftover dust from my offer yesterday (which didn''t work out, though technically the offer doesn''t expire for 12 more minutes). Tons and tons of luck to you!!!!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a great place; good luck!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 11:48:49 AM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I''m sending all of the leftover dust from my offer yesterday (which didn''t work out, though technically the offer doesn''t expire for 12 more minutes). Tons and tons of luck to you!!!!
I''m sorry to hear about your offer NEL, but don''t give up! Come one everyone, we need double dust!
3.gif

21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results