shape
carat
color
clarity

Put out the cigarette, put down the phone, and DRIVE!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 8:20:05 PM
Author: iluvcarats

Date: 6/22/2010 11:18:12 AM
Author:Uppy
CAUTION: TRAFFIC RANT AHEAD

I''ll admit, I don''t drive much anymore. I live in a happy little bubble that requires me about five minutes behind the wheel to reach any desired destination. But this week my son is attending musical theater camp and I have to drive him through the city from the south side to the north to get there. I am astonished that there are not hundreds of deaths a day on the highways! From people driving slow in the left lanes, to being completely oblivious to the rules of courtesy and merging right to allow for others to pass, to people dangling a cigarette in their left hand while using their right to talk on the phone or text. I''m thinking THESE PEOPLE MUST DIE!!!!!
32.gif

DITTO!
And if I may add.....
Stop throwing your cigarette butts out the window. The Earth is not your giant ashtray!!!!!!!
29.gif

Why do smokers think it is ok to litter their butts wherever they feel like it?
I live in a state that has frequent problems with wildfires. Once, I was with a friend who was smoking and she flicked her butt out the window. I stared at her dumbfounded and asked "Did you see the news last night about the wildfires?" She replied, "Yes. It''s terrible!" She did not even make the connection until I went ballistic all over her!!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
It is actually been shown that hands-free cellphone use while driving is MORE dangerous than actually holding the phone. The reason being is that you know that holding a phone has a certain amount of danger to it so you reduce your speed and increase your following distance. However the headset or bluetooth lulls you into a false sense of security so drivers speed up and cut down on their following distance. If you''re going to talk on the phone... put down the headset. And the text message stat that was posted previously by doodle is correct. Talking on the phone is about equal to driving while intoxicated. Basically... if you think you need your hands to do something, like driving, your brain should probably be in on it as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results