shape
carat
color
clarity

Put it on the board....YES!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock

Take me off the list, gals -- he proposed last night! After I made dinner, I was watching baseball while he did the dishes. My kitty (see avatar) came and hopped up on the couch with me. I didn''t even look at her -- there were 2 men on with 2 outs and Pat Burrell (who strands all to many baserunners) was up. The Phils hadn''t won a game yet. I was finally focused on somethiing other than where the ring was and when I''d get it. Anyway, so he comes in and sits next to me, and asks kitty if she has something to show me. I noticed she was wearing her collar (she never does in my apartment -- she is a genius at taking it off). Then I noticed the ring on her collar. I started crying. He started crying. He asked. I said yes. Kitty ran off -- and we had to chase her down to get the ring off her collar, at which point he actually did the whole down-on-one knee thing. It was very sweet, and I was very surprised. Everyone is thrilled (no one more than the two of us, although my grandma got pretty sniffly and his sister said she cried during Good Friday service after she found out). Now the waiting turns to the wedding! We have been telling people Fall 2008 -- probably October.

Thank you for all your support, and hang in there, ladies!! You are truly a wonderful bunch, and all deserve the best from the men in your life -- and I don''t just mean the rocks!

I will post pics as soon as I get them "optimized" -- whatever that means!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still working on the camera skills, but here''s a start...

JLGRing1.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOSH! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I was surprised to read it!!!

Wow, we need ring pics pronto!!!! lady, get snapp''in!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
WOOOOAH that was quick!!

It''s soooo beautiful!! What size is that rock? looks huge!!
30.gif

I love the custom setting it was worth the wait!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! It''s a neat setting... could you take some from the side view?

*M*

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
From the side. It is a 1.32 G SI1. My ring size is 6. It isn''t "super-ideal" by PS standards (merely a 2.6 on the HCA) but I love it!! We went to see a movie last night and it was sparkly even in the dark -- just what I wanted!

JLGRing2.jpg

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
More side views... We really wanted it to have a natural, growing feel, but also look elegant and balanced. It sits pretty high, but the negative space came out great!

JLGRing3.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that''s neat! I really like the organic lines of the ring. It does look very natural. It''s really interesting! You had it made custom right? It''s beautiful!

*M*

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I have been following your story. Congratulations on your engagement. I''m glad the waiting is over!! Your ring is beautiful. Enjoy this time in your life
1.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, gals! I did have it made cusom. It is definitely unique, and not what everyone would pick -- and that''s exactly what I wanted!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Another view. I couldn''t figure out how to re-link pics once I upload (ie: to put some in SMTR). I guess I can just go ahead and link to this thread...

JLGRing5.JPG

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Underneath...

JLGRing6.JPG

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I finally realized what this ring reminds me of... it has kind of a celtic feel to it. I know you were just going for a natural feel, but that''s what I think of when I see it. I guess that''s why I like it so much. I love that side view of it on your finger!

*M*

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
And, of course, the little queen herself, who thinks that all the excitement is about her (typical cat). I haven''t put the ring back on her collar to take a picture, FI isn''t here at the moment, and I think that''s a 2-person project!!

Kittyinthesun.JPG

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Your ring is gorgeous!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again, all -- I''m off to work (ugh!). It will be tough to be productive! I really do appreciate all the support and humor from everyone here. I will be checking in to keep tabs on y''all!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 10:29:05 AM
Author: enbcfsobe
More side views... We really wanted it to have a natural, growing feel, but also look elegant and balanced. It sits pretty high, but the negative space came out great!
Congratulations! Just wanted to share that you achieved the effect you wanted, the first thing I thought was that it is almost tree-like and the diamond seems to be growing out of the setting...and then I read your post.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I adore your ring!
It reminds me of a twisted willow tree twining its way around the diamond!
So unique gorgeous, yet classic in the most unusal way

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! I love the flowing lines of your ring, it''s really beautiful!!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! Happy planning!

widget

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet proposal! Congratulations!

...And your ring is simply gorgeous....love it!
30.gif

widget

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! What a unique ering!

Alienor

Rough_Rock
Congratulations. That is a beautiful ring. :)

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on a cute proposal and a beautiful ring!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the good wishes! I’m so glad the tree part of it read well in the finished product -- I was nervous (if you couldn''t tell!). FI and I are of different religious backgrounds, so we felt that having a ''tree of life'' with intertwining branches really symbolized the interconnectedness and strenth of our relationship and backgrounds. I guess the biblical reference makes the timing of the proposal that much more appropriate (Good Friday in the middle of Passover!). It was also three years ago this weekend (Easter weekend in the middle of Passover) that we found our beautiful, loving kitty as a stray. She is a very important part of our little family (and knows it)!

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! It''s so sweet how everything tied in so well together, and that is an amazing ring! Congratulations to you both! :)

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Sounds like he''s a great guy. And what a great ring and a great proposal.

I wish you both much happiness.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
wow, what a unique ring and sweet proposal!!! your kitty is gorgeous!
1.gif

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! So did you find out where he''s been hiding it all this time?
2.gif

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Such a sweet proposal! And the ring is just gorgeous! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results