shape
carat
color
clarity

Push Presents

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2007 12:20:04 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I think if anything, women want some sort of acknowledgement for having kids. It''s a big deal in my opinion...if you are younger, you put your career off hold to do in many ways. If you are older, you have more physical issues to deal with (I am SO over getting pricked with needles) and are more established in your career, which again, has to go on the back burner. I mean, you have monthly doc''s visits, more visits if you are ''mature'', vials and vials of blood drawn, needles in your gut, no wine in your life, more whine in your life, and for some strange reason your car seems to have a bullseye on the bumper which random BMWs decide to go for.
40.gif
All this before you even get to the part about a 8 pound kid being squeezed out of something the size of a peanut butter jar lid.
i got the best chuckle out of this TG!! i was reading this thread just now, after a night FILLED with two whining toddlers a third one on the way... so the other wine was off limits and boy, could i have used a glass!!

as for push presents, i had never heard the term until i found PS, after my first two were born. i have to agree with Tacori that the term sounds a little ugly, even if the idea is nice. and i must admit, when both my two were born i had secretly hoped my DH would show his romantic/sentimental side and do a little something nice - not necessarily jewelry, but flowers or something - but alas, he did not. well, nothing material i should say. instead he looked after me and the babies with such care and attentiveness, he cleaned, he cooked, he changed diapers, he got up at night (when he actually heard the baby first, ha!), he did whatever he could to make me more comfortable and help us all adjust. who could ask for more? i would still love the idea of a token to commemorate the occasion, but i could only enjoy it if it were his idea and came from his heart, as opposed to me telling him ''hey, guys give push presents now, ya know!''
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
rainydaze, when are you due?? you need to come and join us on the preggo thread!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi mrssalvo.... i''ll head on over right now!
2.gif
i am not through my first trimester yet, due around june/july.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
My father , who is not romantic at all (but is really into gemstones
31.gif
), bought my mother a piece of jewellery for each of us (4 kids).

He''s an MD and actually delivered my brother, so maybe he had an appreciation of labour before my mother went through it!

I must admit when I took my brother to look at e-rings and I tried on a load of w-bands and eternity bands with the e-rings, I did make a point of telling him that he really needed to give his FFI a diamond eternity ring for their first child.
31.gif

He thought it was a great idea - and even better when I suggested a ruby and diamond one for a girl or sapphire and diamond for a boy.

That girl owes me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results