shape
carat
color
clarity

Purse stolen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Dee Jay! I am happy too!

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Hello gailrmv,

I am mostly a lurker, but saw your post a few days ago and feel the need to write. The same thing happened to me on Nov 14, 2006. I left my purse under my sweater at my gym (about 1 mile from my house) and went into the gym at 8:30 pm. When I came out at 9:30 pm I saw my window smashed and purse gone. I found out my debit card was used for gas at 8:55 pm in a city about 15 minutes away, so the criminals must have watched me get out of my car. The only things of value to crooks in my purse were my id, debit card and some cash.

Anyway, we canceled all cards just in case and put fraud alerts on, etc.
On Dec 1, 2006 I was informed by a bank in North Carolina (I live in Florida) that someone passed through the drive thru posing as me. She was in the third lane of the drive thru and tried to cash checks for $1000 and $900. He became suspicious and asked her to come in. She said she would but did not come in.

Anyway, to make a long story short, the damage from Nov 29, 2006 and Nov 30, 2006 amounted to approximately $8000. 6 stolen checks (stolen from other people) were cashed against my account using my debit card (even though it was cancelled) and my id. Thankfully my bank took care of it all. The ring is called Felony Lane and they are mostly operating right now in the South East United States.

Do a google search for Felony Lane and you will find lots of info. They are termed Felony Lane because they only go through the third lane drive thru.

On the gym note, about 3 months ago, I saw a crime scene investagor there. On the day my purse was stolen, I asked why they were. The gym told me that a lady was in the locker room with a pink blanket held like a baby. Inside the blanket she had cutting shears and she was snipping the locks and stealing purses. One lady saw her and said something and the criminal ran. This is all very scary. I now bring nothing to the gym and leave nothing in the car.

Hope that it all turns out ok for you.

Take Care,

Meredith

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
GailRmv-I am really sorry about this. It is just wrong, and I would have though the trunk was the safest place to put it...

29.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gail,

So sorry this happenned to you. I leave my purse in the car a lot too- at the gym, at work, etc. (even though I have a locker at work)...I just always felt the trunk was the safest place to put it... How scary!! I hope everything works out....
8.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay DEFINITELY wearing my ring to swim in lol I had my car broken in ON MY BIRTHDAY in front of my house in 05 and they stole my awesome camera, my checkbook, about 800 bucks in giftcards and a few other things.... they left my purse but dumped the contents out - thankfully I took my wallet in the house so credit cards and ID were safe!! Nothing ever turned up - the most heartbreaking part to *ME* was that I''d just taken my son''s preschool graduation pictures and they were SOOOOOO cute and just woosh - gone :*(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results