shape
carat
color
clarity

Purplish Pink Sapphire set in Plat or Rose Gold???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I was hoping to get your opinions on whether you all think that this sapphire should be set in Plat or Rose Gold?

It will have double claw prongs set with between 2 white, squarish cushions that will be set in Plat.

2.42 ct purplish pink sapphire.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Oops, will try again!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I think the stone has enough color on it''s own that it doesen''t need any help from rose gold, so to speak. Also, it''s on the purplish side and since everything else is white, the overall look is cool - so a warm rose gold setting might not be a very good idea. Now, if you want it to be less purple and more pink, that''s another story.

leggs

Shiny_Rock
I personally think purplish look best in white gold or even better platinum.Can''t wait to see the final result.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like it can go either way with this particular colour. However, being that you have 2 white sidestones, I would lean more towards PT.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Platinum! Rose gold is pretty...but I think it will clash with the beauty of your sapphire.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all for you opinions!!!

I am having a terrible time with this decision! I love the idea of both setting the sapphire in RG and Plat :)

The rest of the ring will be in Platinum for sure, as the side diamonds are M color with strong Fluorescence(which I love) they will need the white metal to keep them from having any more warmth! I love the 'old' cut look the cushions have
21.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous! They will look fabulous with your pink/purple sapphire!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
WOW those stones are gonna make one heck of a beautiful ring! I agree that while I LOVE rose gold, to me it looks "warmer" and your sapphire looks "cooler". I''d go with platinum for that beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results