shape
carat
color
clarity

Purple Sapphire - am I crazy? Opinions Welcome!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm not great with links but I found this at Odyssey:

http://stores.ebay.com/OdysseyGem_Viole ... ec0Q2em322

(If I'm doing something wrong with the link, will someone teach me how?)

Anyway, is it asymmetrical, or is that a trick of the camera? Also, how do you think the color might be IRL?

I've been wanting a nice but not expensive purple sapphire for a while...

Thanks to all opinions and recommendations!

-M

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The stone will prolly look black with little purple flashes in very bright night.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a black square.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, that was what I was afraid of. In general, do you find Odyssey and Gemburi to be darker IRL?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux said:
Thank you, that was what I was afraid of. In general, do you find Odyssey and Gemburi to be darker IRL?

No, I find their photos for the most part to be very accurate, and based on that, it looks like a black square.

ededdeddy

Rough_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:
minousbijoux said:

No, I find their photos for the most part to be very accurate, and based on that, it looks like a black square.

TL do you find the photos or videos of Tan's stones more accurate?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ededdeddy said:
tourmaline_lover said:
minousbijoux said:

TL do you find the photos or videos of Tan's stones more accurate?

Videos.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes, I agree that it will be very dark IRL. I think you can get a nicer color at the price:)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The portion where there is flashes of colour is nice but overall, it is definitely going to end up as a black square. I also find Tan’s video to be more accurate than the picture and if you watch it turning around, it’s just so disappointing. :(sad

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would expect a lot of black. a stone of 1 carat w/o extinction [black] would be thousands. you might find a better stone with more purple flashes but not w/o black for that price.

Mo-Zo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results