shape
carat
color
clarity

Purple Passion, please show me yours..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Suddenly I have a huge craving for a purple big stone ring.
Not needed to be expensive just gorgeous and sparkly.
Please show me your purple rings so I can find ideas.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I may be one of the few but I love big purple stones......................................of course I love big any color stones, LOL! Here is my purple ring, although I wouldn''t categorize it as big. It''s a three carat amethyst. I do have a 10 carat amethyst pendant, though. Good luck on your hunt!

cmsamysrng1.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pieces Catmom!

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Catmom
Gorgeous yummy purple, nice,very nice.

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Let me start over, what stone would give the nicest purple hues.
Amethyst
Purple Sapphire
Spinel
Garnet

Any one got pics of amazing purple stones?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the violet blue of a sapphire! That''s on my list!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/1/2007 10:24:46 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I love the violet blue of a sapphire! That's on my list!
diamondseeker, I have to agree.....there's nothing like a sapphire!!!

Leggs, here is a picture of my color change sapphire. At times it can look very purple and at other times it is an amazing cobalt blue[check out my avatar]. It is my most favorite stone ever. You might want to check out one of these.
31.gif

cmssapphirering7.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not mine but they sure are pretty:

Siberian amethyst (Jeff Graham is the cutter)
siberianovalamthyst.jpg

Uruguay amethyst (also from Jeff)
Uruguayanamethyst.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, what a great thread! I have been wanting a huge Amethyst ring for a couple of years. Finally have one of my own! I bought it from Richard Wise. It''s 11.94 cts. hopefully to be set in a Vera Wang-like gold twisted rope setting (set east-west). It''s gonna be huge but I think it''ll work on my middle finger. Definitely will be a statement ring.

purplepassion-1.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohh.. sorry that that was so huge! Here''s the Vera Wang setting idea...

99258.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 11:15:22 PM
Author: Catmom

diamondseeker, I have to agree.....there''s nothing like a sapphire!!!

Leggs, here is a picture of my color change sapphire. At times it can look very purple and at other times it is an amazing cobalt blue[check out my avatar]. It is my most favorite stone ever. You might want to check out one of these.
31.gif
Catmom, That is gorgeous!!
30.gif
The purpley-blue color is just amazing. And the setting is divine!
36.gif
I love it!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
not to hijack the thread but: i knew a pricescoper got to that richard wise amethyst before i did....i had called, procrastinated, and finally decided to whip out the credit card.....and then when i called richard told me another pricescoper had bought it! i always wondered who it was, portia! congrats!

leggs, can''t wait to see how big you go for this one!

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Portia; Stunning stone and of course i love VW twisted rope setting; I have been thinking of resetting my raspberry tourmaline in that very kind of ring!

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/3/2007 12:15:27 PM
Author: portia

Catmom, That is gorgeous!!
30.gif
The purpley-blue color is just amazing. And the setting is divine!
36.gif
I love it!
Thanks Portia!!

Your ring will be fantastic!! I can't wait to see it when it is done. Yummy!

Thanks Skippy and Leggs! I love my amethysts.

Evelina

Rough_Rock
This beauty is going to be mine this x-mas!

100a.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/3/2007 12:09:29 PM
Portia, is the setting being done custom for you??
I too love this vera wang Candy setting!!!(and have a smoky topaz I have been holding for this setting!!)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/3/2007 10:03:00 PM
Author: Evelina
This beauty is going to be mine this x-mas!
Ooooooo, that is gorgeous!! Can''t wait to see it once you get it.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
leggs, How big of a stone are you looking to get? Obviously sapphires and spinels will be more expensive. I was looking for size and color without spending a small fortune so I always knew an Amethyst would be perfect for me.

Hi, MZ! We have such similar tastes in gemstones... oval spess and now amethysts! You don''t like blue sapphires, too, do you? ;-)

I''m sorry about the stone. I know how you feel as I''ve had that exact same thing happen to me. Just thought about it a little too long and someone else snatched it up. This one I saw and called on, thought about it for maybe a day and then made my move. I figured it would probably go quickly.

Evelina, Where on earth did you find that gorgeous pendant? It''s stunning! Please post pics when you get it.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/3/2007 11:22:56 PM
Author: Sophie

I too love this vera wang Candy setting!!!(and have a smoky topaz I have been holding for this setting!!)
Sophie, I''m going to send it to Quest. I had read a thread a while back about having it made custom. Someone had mentioned Quest so I thought I''d start there. The person I talked to at Quest said that they did make a VW-like setting for someone but I haven''t seen pictures of it yet.

Evelina

Rough_Rock
Portia and Catmom:

Thanks for the compliment. I am in love with it myself. I found this piece in an online store that I got my citrine ring from before - Bell Jewels. I am literally counting the days until I get it!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 12:28:37 PM

Date: 11/3/2007 11:22:56 PM
Author: Sophie

Sophie, I''m going to send it to Quest. I had read a thread a while back about having it made custom. Someone had mentioned Quest so I thought I''d start there. The person I talked to at Quest said that they did make a VW-like setting for someone but I haven''t seen pictures of it yet.
could you tell me your price when you know?? thanks :)

gemnut

Shiny_Rock
Hi leggs. I went through my "big and purple" phase a few years back and ended up with this 29 ct amethyst ring. Note: the stone is a lot darker than pictured, but I took this shot when I was out of my "dark phase" and wanted to see how it looked under a lot of light!

amethyst ring.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 12:20:49 PM

leggs, How big of a stone are you looking to get? Obviously sapphires and spinels will be more expensive. I was looking for size and color without spending a small fortune so I always knew an Amethyst would be perfect for me.

Hi, MZ! We have such similar tastes in gemstones... oval spess and now amethysts! You don''t like blue sapphires, too, do you? ;-)

I''m sorry about the stone. I know how you feel as I''ve had that exact same thing happen to me. Just thought about it a little too long and someone else snatched it up. This one I saw and called on, thought about it for maybe a day and then made my move. I figured it would probably go quickly.

Evelina, Where on earth did you find that gorgeous pendant? It''s stunning! Please post pics when you get it.
Portia, i have no one to blame but myself: richard''s purple glory was on the website actually quite awhile. i''m so glad you got it!

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all, gorgeous rings!!
I already have a huge amethyst it''s a silver ring tho. I love those colour change sapphires which i already own a pale blue pale mauve but that royal purple is to die for.

Thanks for all the inspiration. will let u know what I buy. Cheers

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was in... Neiman''s Last Call today and thought of you. They had a Vera Wang amethyst candy ring... and pendant?? or other peice, beautiful ring for like 500 plus 20% off.
31.gif

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi MZ and Leggs,

I haven''t been on this forum for awhile but saw this thread and wondered why no one was mentioning the Copper bearing violet purple tourmaline. I just picked up some beautiful pieces that are hugh and if you get sick of the Purple color cah heat to Neon Blue Green.

Regards,
Maurice

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock

31.gif
That is one gorgeous sapphire!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/27/2007 11:54:25 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69

31.gif
That is one gorgeous sapphire!!
Thanks, Lady A!!!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
My moms amethyst is beautiful, it used to be a lot darker but it has paled out in the last 10 years.

linky

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results