shape
carat
color
clarity

Purple Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While we are on the topic of various coloured gold, I saw purple gold a few years ago in Asia. I wonder why it''s never hit the US market? I thought it was very beautiful.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
oh... any pictures???

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a link that I found. Link The article indicates that the alloy is brittle, and pictures a cast purple gold "gem" that looks a bit like an amethyst.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/21/2009 10:35:10 AM
Author: Fly Girl
Here''s a link that I found. Link The article indicates that the alloy is brittle, and pictures a cast purple gold ''gem'' that looks a bit like an amethyst.
I''ve heard the same. Here is a link on making the alloy and another of Han Meevis'' experiments

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
QVC in the US have been selling purple, brown, black, red, etc gold chains for a while. However I think these are a coating applied to a normal gold chain.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/21/2009 11:15:17 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
QVC in the US have been selling purple, brown, black, red, etc gold chains for a while. However I think these are a coating applied to a normal gold chain.
Recently, there was quite a discussion about brown gold on Orchid (a jeweller''s discussion list). As far as I remember, there seemed to be someone selling a brown gold alloy, but with a lot of working restrictions. There was also an alloy "recipe" posted a while back, but it didn''t seem to come out brown when tested.

Coated gold is much more common than these rather alchemical alloys.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results