shape
carat
color
clarity

Purple Garnet Sunflower Ring

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Per request, I'm creating a thread devoted to my new purple garnet sunflower ring from Yvonne :) She's a beauty in all lights, but I've not seen how she reacts to direct sunlight as it's been gray and rainy since she arrived on Thursday.

The indoor pictures were taken yesterday in the local hospital while DH was doing his cardiac rehab. The outdoor pictures were taken on the railing of our front porch. I seem to have a real talent for cutting off my fingers in these shots, lol ;-)

I will be excited to see her in sunlight and will post more pictures at that time.
thumbnail (18).jpg thumbnail (17).jpg thumbnail (16).jpg thumbnail (13).jpg thumbnail (15).jpg thumbnail (9).jpg thumbnail (10).jpg

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s so beautiful and the color of the demantoids really pop! The bands look amazing with your sunflower ring :love:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s so beautiful and the color of the demantoids really pop! The bands look amazing with your sunflower ring :love:
Thanks 2Neezer! I love to stack rings so I had the sunflower ring made a quarter size larger than needed so it would work with those bands.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and stacking combo!
I love the colour combo of the purple with green

voce

Ideal_Rock
I love your new ring stacked with your paraiba and demantoid eternity ring. :appl:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, Acinom and voce! The purple garnet is a large gem for me at nearly 7 mm, so I was thrilled by how good it looked in the ring and on my hand. This project certainly gives me the confidence to wear larger gems in the future:)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The purple garnet is a large gem for me at nearly 7 mm, so I was thrilled by how good it looked in the ring and on my hand. This project certainly gives me the confidence to wear larger gems in the future:)

Warning: Once you start moving up in stone sizes, it's hard to go back. :whistle: Seriously, the set looks beautiful on your hand! I love how garnets come in so many amazing colors and I love Yvonne's floral settings. Some of my favorites together in one beautiful ring.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, lilmosun! I'm sure what you are saying is true re gem size :) I'm also very pleased with this project, it came together very well!
Yvonne's floral settings are amazing, especially since she has all of that luscious colored melee for use in petals and such. I'd love to add a round camellia ring and/or a medium sized Lily ring to my collection, too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring; I love the colors together. :wavey:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, Marcy:)

waveonwave

Rough_Rock
Wow gorgeous stone and setting Leslie! So unique and lovely. :love:

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love this ring so much!! The color combo is fantastic!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful ring with striking color combinations. And you wear it so well. Love it stacked with the bands. It really feels like old world meets modernity, with the colors as the central focus.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!! :love: The purple and tsav melee goes so well together and I love that you paired it with the your paraiba / tsav band. :kiss2:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it!!! :love: The purple and tsav melee goes so well together and I love that you paired it with the your paraiba / tsav band. :kiss2:
Thanks, Elle, I'm enjoying the heck out of it! The little green stones are Yvonne's 1.25 mm demantoids, but it's hard to see the difference in that tiny melee :) The glow of those little stones in the petals and band is superb.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Elle, I'm enjoying the heck out of it! The little green stones are Yvonne's 1.25 mm demantoids, but it's hard to see the difference in that tiny melee :) The glow of those little stones in the petals and band is superb.

My bad. I actually have some of her demantoid melee sitting in my gem box and I can 100% agree that they are bright and incredibly saturated. I’m glad to hear your enjoying your new ring. :mrgreen2:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful ring with striking color combinations. And you wear it so well. Love it stacked with the bands. It really feels like old world meets modernity, with the colors as the central focus.
Thanks so much, Bluegemz :) I love your description of the ring, too, it's very apropos. I agree that the bands really augment the beauty of the sunflower ring.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE :kiss2: Garnetlicious. :love:
Love those colors together :appl:and what a gorgeous setting too.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Missy! I really like how rich these colors look together :) Garnets come in an amazing number of gorgeous colors. I especially love the greens and purples, obviously ;-)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Color!!!! Just beautiful. I love the rich color of your purple garnet, the design of the ring and the glow of the demantoids. Pairing it with your neon paraiba/demontoid band sets it off to perfection. :appl:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, LisaRN!

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous garnety goodness! It goes so well with the rest of your stack :kiss2:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, clumberlove! I'm still waiting for some sunshine, can't wait to see what she looks like on a bright day :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results