shape
carat
color
clarity

Purple color shift sapphire from Dana in Heart of Water ring

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Purple color shift sapphire from Dana in Heart of Water

Thank you B.E.G, Nashville, MoZo (love that nick!), sphenequeen, packrat, Amber St. Clare, Laura, Nicolerh, baby nurse, ooo-Shiney, StonieGirl, Aoife, Gempassion!!!

It was such a nice challenge to design this ring. I was thinking of a diamond halo for such a long time, just because I love the magic of color in this stone. But there is something a bit wild about it, that I was afraid the halo would overpower. I took a chance with the color shift, setting it in yellow gold. And the moonstones just rock with the sapphire, lol.

baby nurse: I love that ring too, the craftmanship - no art of it - is amazing. I have the stones lined up for another project with her, I have to make a thread on them. But I have to save for ages and ages before I even set up a meeting with her. :) did you visit her site yet? http://www.atillander.fi/

StonieGirl: I remember you talking about his and it's a valid concern, with the distance and all. My personal opinion is that the work from Heart of Water Jewels is one of the best balances between handmade from scratch jewelry, price, beauty and quality. There will be signs of the work being handmade. Eagle eyed viewers will notice a tiny bend in the bezel of this stone that the thread is about. So this is not work that will necessarily please your louping eye. But to the naked eye, my pieces have always been exquisite and beautifully made.

My mother's ring in my avatar is a great example of handmade jewelry work that you can look at with a loupe, microscope, telescope and find not a flaw - but the price is ten times what I pay for one of HOWJ rings. The time, not necessarily the skill, they put on each piece is just different. I say this as an honest opinion, so you can match your expectations with what you get.

Added to that, Sally is one of the best designers I know. She is patient, skilled, listens to her customer, honest but never pushy and just one of the most soulful people I know. I own tens of pieces from her and have at least three projects lined up, one of them being a spinel necklace, yum! I simply love working with her and love especially that with her work and the work of her team I feel the soul of the piece, there is something more in them, something that the work of other designers just doesn't have.

StonieGirl, I hope you find my opinion helpful in your decision making process.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I love color changer! Nice ring

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock

The stone and setting are amazing and really complement each other.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks Chictomato and Oddoneout! :wavey:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Marriedtiger - I've missed you around here, but I'm so glad you posted this! It's just gorgeous!!!!!!!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you Lauren, it feels good to have been missed. I have much to post about now :) I thought a PS break would help me save in not having so much jewelry made, but my success was slim :naughty: , well I guess it depends how you look at it.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think the stone is beautiful. The setting, too. Dana is such a good cutter, his website reads like a story. The stone looks great in your photograph!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you Crasru. You have such beautiful pieces, I have admired them in your threads many times.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi MT! Missed seeing you around here for a while and what a way to come back with a lovely ring. Such an unusual stone deserves a unique setting. The 2 tone setting goes well with the colour change and the simplicity of the design draws the eye exclusively to the colour of the stone. Our tastes differ yet I love the settings you always select because they compliment the stones so well.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Chrono,

So wonderful to be back :) Well spoken. I agree this stone needed something custom made. I appreciate your comments, and enjoyed reading them. Thank you :wavey:

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my goodness MT! :love: I don't know how I managed to miss this thread?! :lickout: I adore your new ring the sapphire itself is mesmerizing and I LOVE the moonstone sides. :appl: Very well done! I love the designs that you come up with. :love:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous sapphire, and the high carat yellow gold gives it such a rich and regal contrast. It easily looks like an heirloom piece, something that could have been passed down for over 100 years.

You always come up with the most unique and elegant styles. :))

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you for your kind words Brandy and Platinumrock. I love the designpart of my pieces - it's nice to know it show in the end results :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results