Pure Amethyst/Diamond Stones

Bluecowread

Rough_Rock
This is the front view of the stone what do you guys think

stone.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a nice mineral specimen, but nothing gemmy.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are your palns for the peice?

MontageCreations

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hate to burst your bubble, but that isn't amethyst, it's purple fluorite on a matrix of host rock, calcite and pyrite.

Bluecowread

Rough_Rock
Probably sell it I wanted to get it appraised to see if its worth anything

Bluecowread

Rough_Rock
Really It was a gift a few years ago I was sure it was amethyst with diamonds in the stone too. It even looks like there could be some hematite stones IDK thanks for the feedback

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluecowread|1306205255|2928795 said:
Really It was a gift a few years ago I was sure it was amethyst with diamonds in the stone too. It even looks like there could be some hematite stones IDK thanks for the feedback

You should probably post it on a site that specializes in mineral specimens. This forum specializes in gems, so I don't think we'll be of much help to you. This is worth more as a mineral specimen, and not as potential gem material. I also think it looks like fluorite and pyrite in some matrix.

Bluecowread

Rough_Rock
TL|1306205369|2928797 said:
Bluecowread|1306205255|2928795 said:

You should probably post it on a site that specializes in mineral specimens. This forum specializes in gems, so I don't think we'll be of much help to you. This is worth more as a mineral specimen, and not as potential gem material. I also think it looks like fluorite and pyrite in some matrix.

Ok thanks for the info guys I really appreciate it!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
You can buy them in the UK for about £5 GBP I'm afraid. Ebay is probably your best bet.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would hazard a guess that it's not worth much; definitely not amethyst/diamond because the crystal structure looks different. This is considered a mineral specimen and my guess is also fluorite.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results