shape
carat
color
clarity

Purchasing Diamonds online RANT

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bellamy

Rough_Rock
After trying to find somewhere local to enquire about purchasing a diamond, I sent an email to a recommended Australian online dealer requesting more info about one of their diamonds (pics, certification etc). The specs listed in their database are the barest minimum - colour, clarity, dimensions and price. This was the email I just received in return:

"I’m sorry I don’t have actual pictures of those diamonds. There is no point to have them as they all look the same in pictures. The reports and the certificate of authenticity can only be available upon the arrival of the diamond."

This is a $10k diamond we are talking about! Not that the price is really relevant - I just can't believe how often I get the "all diamonds are pretty, sparkly, and IDENTICAL" attitude over here.

Looks like I'll be flying to NY to purchase my ER next year.

sera

Ideal_Rock
OY! Definitely doesn''t sound like someone I would want to buy from! Why not buy from one of the vendors with great reputations and excellent diamonds listed here???

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2007 12:44:52 AM
Author: sera
! Why not buy from one of the vendors with great reputations and excellent diamonds listed here???
Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results