shape
carat
color
clarity

Purchasing diamond and setting separately from online vendor

k0rtnei

Rough_Rock
The diamond and setting have been narrowed down. I would like to get the diamond from Good Old Gold, and the setting from Adiamor. I live nowhere near these two vendors, and they're on opposite sides of the country. My question is, what is the most feasible route to take to come up with this ring? Should I order them both, have them each shipped, and have a local vendor to set? Or should I order the setting, send it to GOG to meet its diamond...or send the diamond to Adiamor?

I would like to view both in person but I'm also uncertain as to how that works...I'm assuming you'd go ahead and make the purchase, and return it if you dont like it. Maybe having them set locally would be the best option, as it allows me to see each separately beforehand. It is my understanding that as long as it's not a terribly complicated, fancy designer setting, most jewelers can easily perform such.

Let me know what y'all think....

Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Purchasing diamond and setting separately from online ve

The best way to do that is to get the setting from Adiamor and send it to Good Old Gold to set. They will probably charge a setting fee since you didn't buy the setting from them, but the important thing is that they'd insure the diamond while being set through sending it to you.

The very best option is to find a similar setting at GOG. Can you please link the setting and let us see if that is possible or have you already asked GOG?

Local jewelers likely will refuse to set a diamond in a setting when you have purchased neither from them. They'd be taking on a lot of risk for a relatively small fee, so I would absolutely not count on doing it that way. If they damaged the setting you'd be stuck.

k0rtnei

Rough_Rock
Re: Purchasing diamond and setting separately from online ve

http://www.adiamor.com/Engagement-Rings/Results/French-Cut-Basket-Engagement-Setting-2mm/RoseGold/1839

This is the link to the setting. I couldn't find anything similar on GOG's site, but that doesn't mean they don't have it or couldn't make it.

Thanks for all the help! That sounds like the smarter choice, to let GOG set the diamond. How does someone go about viewing a stone beforehand if they're not located near the vendor? Will GOG make videos and compare stones?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results