shape
carat
color
clarity

Purchased this stone from GOG for my pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dreamer

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
Yet another GOG testimonial. Jon, I hope you read it
2.gif
Some of you may remember, I posted a thread requesting opinions on the 2 stones below. I was shopping for a pendant.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2229 (1.01/J/SI2) (HCA: 1.9)

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2238/ (.90/J/SI1) (HCA: 1.5)

Me, my husband and my 4 1/2 yr old daughter went to GOG on saturday. We started looking at these 2 stones in every possible machine available with them !! Boy, was it hard to narrow it down !! Tim was a great help and very quick on emails too. I did see Jon when I entered, but didn''t see him later on. I wish I could ask his expert thoughts on these 2 stones, specially after seeing his recent video..

Anyway, we decided to go with 1.01 J SI2, b''cos of the size and considering it is for pendant. Jon, do you think I made the right choice ?!? You don''t know how many times I asked my husband, do you think I picked the right stone ?!? The only concern I had was the inclusions with this stone, but hey this in a pendant hopefully don''t show up at all !!

GOG has physically changed a lot since the time I visited them 3 yrs ago. The place looks much better, brighter and ofcourse hi-tech !!

Awaiting for them to get back to me on some mountings and once that''s done, we are all set with my new pendant for my 10th anniversary !! so excited..

Only one thing I forgot to ask Tim was to run the brilliant-scope for these 2 stones. I had really enjoyed looking at the stone in brillian-scope when I bought my ring last time.. that''s fine, I guess.

Again, I would probably never buy loose stones from anyone else, specially when I could drive for 60 miles to get to them !!

enjoyed the whole journey of finding my new rock, and I do hope I chose the right one !!

Thanks a lot Tim for helping us,
dreamer

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s great!!!
36.gif
I so envy you getting to go there! I can''t wait to see your finished pendant!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer -- good for you! I looks likes a fabulous stone and I''m sure your pendant will be beautiful!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s wonderful. i''m sure it''s going to be beautiful.

dreamer

Rough_Rock
Thanks. Can''t wait for the pendant, myself
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Great choice, can't wait to see the final product!!! What kind of setting do you think you'll choose for the pendant?

dreamer

Rough_Rock
Ann and Leila sent pictures of their settings. I saw that and tried it at GOG. Amy at GOG said she had another one which would suite me also. I wanted something that doesn''t flip. I am getting it done in YG.

dreamer

Rough_Rock

A quick question about the setting.. Since I am getting it done in YG, should I have the prongs made in White Gold or stick with YG for the entire setting? Any comments?

Dreamer

dreamer

Rough_Rock
bump
1.gif

i thought i would solicit more comments.

dreamer

DaniGirl

Rough_Rock
I prefer the look of white gold prongs with yellow gold. Should be really pretty!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/7/2006 1:23:40 PM
Author:dreamer

Me, my husband and my 4 1/2 yr old daughter went to GOG on saturday. We started looking at these 2 stones in every possible machine available with them !! Boy, was it hard to narrow it down !! Tim was a great help and very quick on emails too. I did see Jon when I entered, but didn''t see him later on. I wish I could ask his expert thoughts on these 2 stones, specially after seeing his recent video..

Anyway, we decided to go with 1.01 J SI2, b''cos of the size and considering it is for pendant. Jon, do you think I made the right choice ?!? You don''t know how many times I asked my husband, do you think I picked the right stone ?!? The only concern I had was the inclusions with this stone, but hey this in a pendant hopefully don''t show up at all !!

Hi Dreamer,

Sorry for not seeing this earlier. I personally reviewed both stones and I would have made the same choice that you did. It will be awesome.

GOG has physically changed a lot since the time I visited them 3 yrs ago. The place looks much better, brighter and ofcourse hi-tech !!

Since your first visit we did double in size on the showroom plus the new instruments for use in helping at the counter too. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Only one thing I forgot to ask Tim was to run the brilliant-scope for these 2 stones. I had really enjoyed looking at the stone in brillian-scope when I bought my ring last time.. that''s fine, I guess.

Again, I would probably never buy loose stones from anyone else, specially when I could drive for 60 miles to get to them !!

enjoyed the whole journey of finding my new rock, and I do hope I chose the right one !!

Thanks a lot Tim for helping us,
I let Tim know your sentiments (he''s right next to me). If there''s any further data you''d like drop him an email and he''ll forward that to you asap.

Warm regards,
Jonathan

dreamer

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your response, Jon. I am glad you reviewed them both.. Good to know that I made the right choice..

Can''t wait for my pendant now..

Dreamer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results