carat
color
clarity

Purchased 2 new yellow diamonds from Jason at Selectgem

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All,

Since there has been so much talk on the forum about judging colored stones from photos and descriptions I thought I would post the opposite side story from what I and others usually complain about.

Jason Brim of www.selectgem had 4 colored diamonds posted elsewhere and on his website. I decided to purchase a .51 fancy yellow that included the price of a EGL lab report. I inquired about his .46 green diamond as well but someone beat me to the punch, and it was sold. Jason then asked if I would like to see, on approval, this .81 tcw fancy deep yellow. Jason assurred me it was yellow. I thought , "Oh sure" The photo looked quite brown, and the video looked a little better which was why I wasn't interested to begin with, but the price was right (for me) and I decided to take a look. I was sure it would be at best a cognac diamond, and asked my son if he would want to ring with this color diamond.
I received the diamond 2 days later and what a surprise!. I couldn't believe it. It was a beautiful lovely yellow diamond. It was as if someone had sent me a surprise gift of something you always wanted but thought you would never have.
Here is the photo at www.selectgem.com This is not what it looks like . The written description is accurate.
If I hadn't taken the chance and tried to believe the vendor I wouldn't have my new treasure.
I think I'm sending this to GIA to check out. Jason says that no diamond he has ever sent to a lab has come back as anything other natural. untreated.
TL, the stone does not have any brown that i see. The sparkles have some orange showing, and a gold. Don't not rain on my parade. I will let you know what the lab report report says when I receive it.

Nice story for a change, isn't it. Sometimes it pays to see the stone. The photo or the video does not do it justice.

Jason Brim is expecting a green diamond in the near future. I am interested myself, but he has done right by me, so I am alerting you ladies and men to this fact. Its fun tracking down diamonds.

Of course these diamonds are not the caliber that Kenny is looking for.

Thanks,
Annette-- take a chance again
www.selectgem.com

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
What a great story!! And I'm so glad that you shared with us the positive experience you had. It is so gratifying to trust someone, and not only have that trust ratified, but be so extraordinarily surprised with it being even better than anticipated.

I cannot wait to see your photos of the stones. :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see what you get.
FCDs are soooo cool!
It's like getting the best of both worlds, the romance of colored gems with that dazzling light performance only a diamond can deliver. :love: :love: :love:

I hope more people will look into FCDs.
Granted they can be pricey but they come in all sizes, prices and colors and because they are diamonds they can do amazing things with light.

Take lots of pics.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can't wait to see pics! I loooove fancy yellow diamonds. They have such depth to them.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that's exciting, Annette! Good for you :!: I can't wait to see your pictures :appl:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
It's like a colored diamond buffet this week!! :lickout: I am seriously drooling over the eye candy, and yours is no exception.

From the video, it also appears to have a hint of orange, which gives it a richness and depth.

I'm glad that your yellow diamond exceeds your expectations, and you are happy with it.

Please take more pics of these stones. I'd love to see what they look like in real ife!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
platinumrock said:
It's like a colored diamond buffet this week!! :lickout: I am seriously drooling over the eye candy, and yours is no exception.

I know, me too!

Annette, thanks for sharing! I hope you'll post more pictures, they look beautiful.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are doing the right thing by sending it to GIA for verification because I don’t trust EGL enough when it comes to FCDs, not just to check that it’s natural but to get their opinion on where it falls in their colour range/category.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
It is very refreshing to hear this, indeed. Congratulations on your beautiful purchase!! I hope you get that green one too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results