shape
carat
color
clarity

Purchased! 2.35 ct, I, VS2

foodie100

Rough_Rock
Just HAD to find someone to share in my excitement! After months of deliberation for my upgrade, I finally landed on a Clean Origin 2.35, I, VS2. HCA 2. I was really gunning for a 2.5-2.75 ct (and fell in love with a shockingly perfect J 2.5 at a shop local to me specializing in labs - Mia Donna) but landed on this one after months. My husband was right, once I went below 2.5, a new range of candidates showed up. I'm thrilled and can't wait to get it, photograph it, and eventually have it set!

Kasey Bug

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, I bet it’s beautiful! What shape did you decide on? I’m in the market to upgrade my diamond and have been looking at Clean Origin. Would you mind explaining the process and how we’re they to deal with? Would love to see photos of your new eye candy!

foodie100

Rough_Rock
Congratulations, I bet it’s beautiful! What shape did you decide on? I’m in the market to upgrade my diamond and have been looking at Clean Origin. Would you mind explaining the process and how we’re they to deal with? Would love to see photos of your new eye candy!

Round! Having it set in a razor thin six prong solitaire eternity setting.
The process with CO was easy - so far? - receptive to additional photos and helpful. I will let you know how they come through.

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
So exciting! Can’t wait to see pictures. Clean Origin had such great inventory and video, had I not stumbled onto mine on BE, I was planning on purchasing one from them. :kiss2:

bv_jewels

Rough_Rock
Guys show the bling....

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent!

Will look forward to pics ;-) :D

foodie100

Rough_Rock
Fed Ex came by...and I wasn't home! :(

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even if you were home, there is no guarantee they would actually call, given apparent time deadlines and workloads seemingly meaning they have to miss out some deliveries to get their round done in the time they are supposed to be working! lol

foodie100

Rough_Rock
It came yesterday and I was home! Pictures to come! It looks a little warmer than my existing F VS1 1carat, but in natural light you can’t tell the difference at all!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you've lost a good amount of time staring at it today! ;-) lol

foodie100

Rough_Rock
Hi all! Sorry! I have been on vacation.
I’m having second thoughts. My I color looks great in daylight, but almost too warm for me inside. I’m very stressed. It’s even warm next to my eternity band. My husband is advising me to return. I will try to post pics tomorrow in daylight and inside. I used to think I wasn’t exceedingly color sensitive but I am thinking I need to go G or F. :(

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
What color grade is your eternity band? I would be hesitant to keep it if you plan to wear the eternity band with it and the difference is noticeable. That is what is so great about being able to return stones. I know it’s so frustrating when you think you’ve found the one and it doesn’t work out. But it’s definitely not worth it to settle! Post some pics still, maybe we can put your mind at ease or confirm your gut feeling!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As above, don't stress - you need to live with a stone to learn its character, and if you are colour sensitive and prefer colourless, that is just the way you are. I have the same affliction :D lol

Use the Returns process while you are still within the period and get searching for the replacement! :)

foodie100

Rough_Rock
Here are some examples. It’s inside at night so take that into account. I will take pics in natural light tomorrow. I don’t remember what my eternity band is but I think G-H. I find it very white compared to the I round. Thoughts? 2819D40F-7F52-49AD-B263-8ABFD9527996.jpeg that in 5990C845-8AE2-4D17-9030-C1096006EC66.jpeg I

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
I’ll reserve a final opinion til I see it in daylight, but I do see a very slight warmth in the larger stone. The larger the stone, the more apparent the color usually.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't forget that smaller stones will show colour less - they have less material for the light to pass through, meaning it is less tinted when it comes back out the stone to your eyes :)

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
It's hard to judge it really from pictures. But if you are ever so slightly wavering I feel that this isn't the perfect stone for you. It could grown on you but with that price tag I wouldn't risk it :)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look a touch warm compared to your other rings in those pics, but it could also be reflecting the colour of the walls, which I presume aren't stark white! lol

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
I can barely tell honestly. Like. It hurts my eyes to focus on it enough to sort of tell. So me, personally, I’d probably keep it. And I score perfectly on the color shade test. :lol-2: How do you feel otherwise? Does it have lots of sparkle?

What was your budget again?

foodie100

Rough_Rock
You all are killing me! Lol I thought for sure you’d see the amber flares and warmth. But that’s good! That it’s subtle? Dare I say I’m even more confused now?

My budget would ideally stay around $8k - this was a few thousand less which was large part of the appeal.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I see a slightly brownish tint. Was the stone tinted in it's makro video on the website? If you have more room in your budget I would order a higher color and see how you feel about that one. And then you still could go back to the I Color. If you settle on this stone now there won't be any going back (not sure about resell value and there probably isn't an upgrade program with the retailer). So if you choose this diamond you should love it!

foodie100

Rough_Rock
I see a slightly brownish tint. Was the stone tinted in it's makro video on the website? If you have more room in your budget I would order a higher color and see how you feel about that one. And then you still could go back to the I Color. If you settle on this stone now there won't be any going back (not sure about resell value and there probably isn't an upgrade program with the retailer). So if you choose this diamond you should love it!

It wasn’t noticeably tinted, but those photos/macro video are notoriously hard to decipher. Everything looks yellowish to me sometimes in those!

Thanks all. This one is definitely going back. I personally cannot live with the color.

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
It wasn’t noticeably tinted, but those photos/macro video are notoriously hard to decipher. Everything looks yellowish to me sometimes in those!

Thanks all. This one is definitely going back. I personally cannot live with the color.

You’ll find the perfect one! Are you thinking G or up? Or would an H be a contender?

foodie100

Rough_Rock
You’ll find the perfect one! Are you thinking G or up? Or would an H be a contender?
Honestly, I am so traumatized by my amber colored I (lol) that I'm looking at solely G and above at this point. If I found an I that faced up super white, I'd be all in.

I found this while browsing today and it has a great large spread, HCA 1.3, but that large table inclusion is bugging me. Thoughts? I could be happy with it as it fits all my other criteria.

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
Honestly, I am so traumatized by my amber colored I (lol) that I'm looking at solely G and above at this point. If I found an I that faced up super white, I'd be all in.

I found this while browsing today and it has a great large spread, HCA 1.3, but that large table inclusion is bugging me. Thoughts? I could be happy with it as it fits all my other criteria.

I think G is a safe bet, especially if you’re putting it in white gold or platinum. I wouldn’t be okay with that table inclusion, I think you would definitely be able to see it. I personally think GCAL color grades are more consistent, so you could try to limit your search to GCAL certified stones and include some H ones. I’ll do some digging too, with PS help, we’ll find you “the one.”

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results