shape
carat
color
clarity

purchase now or after the holidays???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ttrutt

Rough_Rock
I am looking to purchase a diamond...will it be less expensive to buy it after the holidays or will it not make a difference????

thanks.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
ttrutt:

My advice to you is that if you find the right diamond for you, buy now, because more than likely it will not be there when you want it. I don't believe there will be much price change after the season if you are buying online. Many of the online companies are selling at such excellent prices already. Be sure to find out what the listed prices do and do not include.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Lesley..I haven't seen much (if any) of a jump in the online retailers pricing, in fact a few seem to have gone down a bit to stay more competitive. Many companies right now also have things such as free shipping or a free solitaire setting with a purchase, etc. Or if you feel more comfortable, just start window shopping now and then see what you find as you go along. You could find something that feels right, or you might feel you need to keep looking.

From what I have read in past posts also, the diamond inventory doesn't necessarily go up at the holiday, and the 'special sales' that the malls have are just marked up markdowns. So if you do indeed go B&M during the holiday season, just be smart and educate yourself on pricing using this forum and the Rappaport index (if you can get it) so that you can go in and be one leg up over the retailers.

Best of luck!

ttrutt

Rough_Rock
Thanks All!!! Great advice...I probably would kick myself afterwards!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
Thanks All!!! Great advice...I probably would kick myself afterwards!!!
----------------
Good attitude, Ttrutt! :)

Although I agree there is no point in waiting for lower prices after the holidays, there is also should be no rush in buying. There are thousands of diamonds out there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results