Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Punxsutawney Phil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning. We''ve got another 6 weeks of winter ahead of us here in the States.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Every groundhog seen his shadow this morning it was reported! 6 weeks of winter for everyone..not only those in the US!
Yeah..lots more snowboarding/skiing and hockey to take part in!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Booooo! I am tired of the winter and ready to break out my spring clothes!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Anyone else gonna watch that movie tonight???

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
Lol. The seasons have remained the same -time frame wise- for thousands of years. So whether he saw his shadow or not, winter obviously will stick around for 6 more weeks...like it or not.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
What is weird is that if he DOESNT see his shadow, it means that it is sooo cloudy that NOTHING is casting a shadow... that is how it works. So the irony is that if it is sunny on feb 2... 6 more weeks of winter... but if it is terribly cloudy and overcast... NOPE.

Funny stuff! Equinox or not! I have to say this is my absolute favorite made up holiday!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 1:44:52 PM
Author: tlh
What is weird is that if he DOESNT see his shadow, it means that it is sooo cloudy that NOTHING is casting a shadow... that is how it works. So the irony is that if it is sunny on feb 2... 6 more weeks of winter... but if it is terribly cloudy and overcast... NOPE.

Funny stuff! Equinox or not! I have to say this is my absolute favorite made up holiday!
I have never understood this. LOL.

I guess it makes sense... Kind of? He gets scared and stays there six more weeks? I think he needs to stop being so scared so people like me in Florida can have our sun and warm weather back!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Jewelry for Women in their 20s
    Jewelry for Women in their 20s
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.