shape
carat
color
clarity

Punxsutawney Phil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning. We''ve got another 6 weeks of winter ahead of us here in the States.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Every groundhog seen his shadow this morning it was reported! 6 weeks of winter for everyone..not only those in the US!
Yeah..lots more snowboarding/skiing and hockey to take part in!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Booooo! I am tired of the winter and ready to break out my spring clothes!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Anyone else gonna watch that movie tonight???
9.gif

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
Lol. The seasons have remained the same -time frame wise- for thousands of years. So whether he saw his shadow or not, winter obviously will stick around for 6 more weeks...like it or not.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
What is weird is that if he DOESNT see his shadow, it means that it is sooo cloudy that NOTHING is casting a shadow... that is how it works. So the irony is that if it is sunny on feb 2... 6 more weeks of winter... but if it is terribly cloudy and overcast... NOPE.

Funny stuff! Equinox or not! I have to say this is my absolute favorite made up holiday!
36.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 1:44:52 PM
Author: tlh
What is weird is that if he DOESNT see his shadow, it means that it is sooo cloudy that NOTHING is casting a shadow... that is how it works. So the irony is that if it is sunny on feb 2... 6 more weeks of winter... but if it is terribly cloudy and overcast... NOPE.

Funny stuff! Equinox or not! I have to say this is my absolute favorite made up holiday!
36.gif
I have never understood this. LOL.

I guess it makes sense... Kind of? He gets scared and stays there six more weeks? I think he needs to stop being so scared so people like me in Florida can have our sun and warm weather back!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results