shape
carat
color
clarity

pulled the trigger! Thoughs on my E-stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrcysco

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

I just pulled the trigger on the following stone from jamesallen.com

Shape: Round
Carat weight: 0.95
Cut: Ideal
Color: I
Clarity: VS1
Certificate: AGS

Depth: 61.8%
Table: 55%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Very Strong
Measurements: 6.29*6.34*3.91

Crown Angle: 34.8°
Crown %: 15.80
pavilion Angle: 40.7°
pavilion %: 42.90

Just looking for a little confidence that I did well. :)

I can't wait to see it in person! Next step, sending it off to get set in the ring.

-=marc

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
As long as the fluorescence isn''t affecting it negatively (did you ask?), it sounds like it should be lovely!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can have every confidence you did GREAT!!! Congratulations, you picked an incredible diamond!

mrcysco

Rough_Rock
Josh at jamesallen.com assured me that the fluorescence wouldn''t effect the stone negatively at all. If anything, he said that it would probably make it look like an "H" in the sunlight. He said that jamesallen wouldn''t sell a stone that is cloudy. Given all the favorable reviews of their store, I believe him. Here''s a link to the stone

james allen diamond

fyi, here''s an image of the setting:

TR_196.jpg

-=marc

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 12:47:15 PM
Author: mrcysco
Josh at jamesallen.com assured me that the fluorescence wouldn''t effect the stone negatively at all. If anything, he said that it would probably make it look like an ''H'' in the sunlight. He said that jamesallen wouldn''t sell a stone that is cloudy. Given all the favorable reviews of their store, I believe him. Here''s a link to the stone
Excellent! And yes, it can make stones appear brighter, a real plus here. That''s going to be a lovely ring, congrats!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stone is going to be a wow, and I love the setting you picked!!! Congrats on a great choice!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful selection on both stone and setting. Congrats!

DignDive

Rough_Rock
Fluorescence, especially strong blue fluorescence benefits lower color grades and can even raise the price and the color grade (at least according to the presentation given by Wink last week).

Fluorescence, the type that appears milky or oily, he showed us a yellow diamond with yellow fluorescence that displayed that characteristic and even then it only did so in direct sunlight.

Bottom line is, not only are you ok, you''re better than ok :)

Best of luck.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful selection!! Normally I would advise getting lower clarity to save money, but since you picked a tension ring usually they suggest clarity above SI to be safe for durability reasons. Excellent stone, should be a gorgeous ring!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 2:18:51 PM
Author: DignDive
Fluorescence, especially strong blue fluorescence benefits lower color grades and can even raise the price and the color grade (at least according to the presentation given by Wink last week).

Fluorescence, the type that appears milky or oily, he showed us a yellow diamond with yellow fluorescence that displayed that characteristic and even then it only did so in direct sunlight.

Bottom line is, not only are you ok, you're better than ok :)

Best of luck.
I agree that strong flo can help a stone, and it does most times. However, occasionally it does hurt a stone and also affects the clarity. I own such a stone. Also, this was a very strong flo, which is all the more reason to make sure it's not affected.

One should always ask, also what color it is. And while some may not mind, others may not want the milky/oily look in sunshine. I know I wouldn't.
1.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 3:07:02 PM
Author: Ellen
However, occasionally it does hurt a stone and also affects the clarity. I own such a stone.

Ellen, do you have any pictures of the effects on clarity or the "hurtful" effects of your stone? If so, I would be intersted in seeing them. Thanks.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 3:11:40 PM
Author: hikerchick

Ellen, do you have any pictures of the effects on clarity or the ''hurtful'' effects of your stone? If so, I would be intersted in seeing them. Thanks.
I actually posted a couple in your fluorescence thead awhile back. I do have more now that may show it a bit better. If you want, I could post those in your thread if it will still let me. I''m on my way out the door now. Let me know!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 3:22:49 PM
Author: Ellen
Date: 3/19/2007 3:11:40 PM

Author: hikerchick

Ellen, do you have any pictures of the effects on clarity or the ''hurtful'' effects of your stone? If so, I would be intersted in seeing them. Thanks.
I actually posted a couple in your fluorescence thead awhile back. I do have more now that may show it a bit better. If you want, I could post those in your thread if it will still let me. I''m on my way out the door now. Let me know!

Yeah, I remember those pictures but I guess I don''t remember them showing any detrimental effects to the diamond? I will go look again but I thought the fluor didn''t affect the diamond in a bad way? Could be wrong. I would love to see more pictures, Ellen whenever you have time to post them. Thanks.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results