shape
carat
color
clarity

Pssst, Miss Freke, just for you...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 9:40:32 AM
Author: Ellen
Excuse the hairy finger, but I felt it was worth it.
9.gif
OOOH thanks for the new pics! I LOVE this ring!

hint: if you lick your finger before taking the pic, the hair doesn''t show up!
31.gif

LS

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I feel so special!!!!

I can''t tell you how much I love thing ring Ellen. It''s just amazing. Period. I''m going to go oogle more pictures now!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 9:38:30 AM
Author: mercoledi
Sshh, Freke''s still sleeping.

Ellen, your aqua really is an all-time favorite, it''s so elegant and classy.

Thanks for the AM eye candy!
Thanks Merco! I was still sleeping, and then I got lost in the land of wedding shoes.

I really need to do something about my sleep schedule...going to bed at 4am is NOT a good idea!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
...I can''t decide on a favorite picture. It just doesn''t take any bad pictures at all. How often do you wear it anyway?

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is simply STUNNING ellen!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I love it! Seriously gorgeous!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Such a beautiful stone and setting. I have been admiring your ring for awhile. I have a asscher that needs a home and if it looks half as good as yours, I would be delighted!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miss E,
That''s a very classy setting for your aqua. This isn''t the recut aqua, is it? Or am I just confused? It''s very pretty and you take excellent pictures.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Nothing witty.

This ring is, simply beautiful.

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 8:06:18 PM
Author: FrekeChild

I can''t tell you how much I love thing ring Ellen. It''s just amazing. Period. I''m going to go oogle more pictures now!!!
Well you are!
face23.gif

Thanks you, I can''t tell you how much I love it either.
5.gif

Hmmm, I wear it maybe once a week on average. I tend to "baby" it a bit, because I don''t want anything to happen to it, as it''s irreplacable. Although, when I think back to what this stone has been through since I got it 34 years ago, I probably couldn''t hurt it near as much as I think I could!

I wish I could get a good picture of it under my bathroom/bedroom lighting where it just lights up like a flashlight. But those always have such a yellow tint to them.
40.gif
Anywho, I''m glad you liked them, it was fun!

LS, lol! I never thought of that (you are so clever), thanks for the tip!
9.gif

Chrono, yes mam, this is my recut. It''s the only colored stone I have.

Thank you to all of you for the very, very nice compliments! I can truly feel the love.
luv12.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen that ring is beautiful!!! So simple and classic.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting more pics of this classic beauty! Like many others, I''m SO in love with it!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 9:44:26 AM
On my little German doll.
Ellen,

Would your little doll be Meissen?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 8:15:33 AM
Date: 3/20/2009 8:06:18 PM

I can't tell you how much I love thing ring Ellen. It's just amazing. Period. I'm going to go oogle more pictures now!!!
Well you are!
face23.gif

Thanks you, I can't tell you how much I love it either.
5.gif

Hmmm, I wear it maybe once a week on average. I tend to 'baby' it a bit, because I don't want anything to happen to it, as it's irreplacable. Although, when I think back to what this stone has been through since I got it 34 years ago, I probably couldn't hurt it near as much as I think I could!

I wish I could get a good picture of it under my bathroom/bedroom lighting where it just lights up like a flashlight. But those always have such a yellow tint to them.
40.gif
Anywho, I'm glad you liked them, it was fun!
Awww, thank you!!!

I wouldn't want anything to happen to it either. It certainly has been through a lot, just since I've known about it. And it so...perfect. But I think you're right! I don't think you could hurt it that badly!

I have to admit I want to see it under the bathroom lights! Yellow tint or not! So if you get bored...
3.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I''M IN LOVE.......can''t get enough!!!!
30.gif

Lori

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
really something else, ellen.

just gorgeous.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That stone and ring are one of my all-time favorites - I''m reminded why every time I see pictures
9.gif
9.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Its an absolute classic
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 5:38:57 PM

Awww, thank you!!!

I wouldn''t want anything to happen to it either. It certainly has been through a lot, just since I''ve known about it. And it so...perfect. But I think you''re right! I don''t think you could hurt it that badly!

I have to admit I want to see it under the bathroom lights! Yellow tint or not! So if you get bored...
3.gif
lol.gif
Funny. I''ll see what I can come up with.
28.gif

Thank you for the kind words gals!! And Kelli, you''re welcome, you''re welcome, you''re welcome!
9.gif
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 5:20:52 PM
Author: Gailey

Date: 3/20/2009 9:44:26 AM
On my little German doll.
Ellen,

Would your little doll be Meissen?
You know, I never really knew much about the doll, never looked up the name on it. But you got me curious, so I looked it up, and it''s Volkstedt porcelain. (ballerina)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your little dolleth is cute.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 10:02:08 AM
Author: Lorelei
Your little dolleth is cute.
Thanketh you.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I''m having a bit of a brain f**t! I mean''t Dresden, not Meissen. My Grandmother had a couple ballerina dolls and yours reminded me of it. The site you linked mentions Dresden, I will have to research and see if they are connected. Nice piece.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It''s gorgeous! I especially like the picture with the porcelain german girl.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 12:37:50 PM
I''m having a bit of a brain f**t! I mean''t Dresden, not Meissen. My Grandmother had a couple ballerina dolls and yours reminded me of it. The site you linked mentions Dresden, I will have to research and see if they are connected. Nice piece.
Ya know it''s funny. I had always "thought" of that as a dresden doll, yet I wanted to be sure after you asked. So when I looked up the insignia, I saw Dresden mentioned as you did, but this piece seems to be its own particular porcelain? I''m not well versed on all this so I don''t know... Let me know what you find out! And thank you, this was one of two from my grandmother that gave me the Aqua. My mom has the other one, hopefully I will get it when she''s gone so they are together again.

idream, thank you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stone and a classic ring. Love it!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 1:10:54 PM

Date: 3/22/2009 12:37:50 PM
Ya know it''s funny. I had always ''thought'' of that as a dresden doll, yet I wanted to be sure after you asked. So when I looked up the insignia, I saw Dresden mentioned as you did, but this piece seems to be its own particular porcelain? I''m not well versed on all this so I don''t know... Let me know what you find out! And thank you, this was one of two from my grandmother that gave me the Aqua. My mom has the other one, hopefully I will get it when she''s gone so they are together again.

idream, thank you!
Ellen,

Can you post a picture of the base of your doll?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gailey, sure. My bats are charging, so it will be later today. I have been wanting to start a thread on favorite pieces people have anyway, so may as well start it with the doll. I''ll put it in Family & Home.

Thank you Marcy!!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen, I could look at pictures of your ring endlessly . . . I just love everything about it, starting with the sentiment, down to the last molecule of platinum.
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Babysteps, your post made me laugh! Thank you.
2.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
You''ve had this stone for 34 years? What has it been through?? Is there a link about it?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 3:04:42 PM
Author: hoofbeats95
You''ve had this stone for 34 years? What has it been through?? Is there a link about it?
Yep! My grandmother died when I was 15 and left me a ring she wore all the time that I had admired very much. I wore it a bit the first few years, and to parties and places where I really shouldn''t have. It also went through several moves. Then it sat for years in my jewelery box, being lonely. Here is what finally happened to it.
1.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-recut-reset-heirloom-aquamarine.86782/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results