shape
carat
color
clarity

PSed 2 weeks, I go out and looking for my diamond...(inside)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fishy

Rough_Rock
Something interesting, in my country ppl sell the diamond with GIA and IGI reports only. And ppl tell me that MOST of GIA diamonds are not H&A. If you need H&A, get a diamond with "IGI H&A Report". Fine, no problem, I can go for it, but the "IGI H&A Report" tells the TABLE DIAMETER, CROWN DEPTH and PAVIL DEPTH, no crown angle and pavil angle. In this case how can I identify whether it''s FIC or BIC or TIC? (Actually i am looking for a FIC).

Experts, if a 0.6 ct IGI H&A round diamond with
Table Diameter: 55%
Crown Depth: 15%
Pavil Depth: 43%

then can you tell me it''s a BIC, TIC or FIC? I am looking for a FIC, what those numbers should be?

I''ve surfed the IGI official website, seems they''ve got another MUCH STRONGER report called "IGI Ideal Cut Report", it lists the details of the diamond, including the crown angle and pavil angle. Can I say a diamond with "IGI Ideal Cut Report" is much better than one with "IGI H&A Report"? Any comment?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
1. no you cant say for sure it is better.
2. at least the %''s are some help - they are rounded though - but you can enter them into HCA.
3. if you get a good result (and you will) then ask the dealer for a full Sarin

IGI are one of the few labs who actually take H&A''s photo''s - they are keeping up with the times.

fishy

Rough_Rock
thanks for your reply gary, but the IGI H&A report includes table diameter, crown depth, and pavil depth only. Do you recommend or is it possible that I calculate the crown angel and pavil angel by using tan/sin/cos function and input them into HCA? I guess it works, agree?

fishy

Rough_Rock
HAHA I found it, thx!

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Fishy and which asian country would this be?
5.gif

fishy

Rough_Rock
haha..guess? Temporarily, I am living in a city with a LOT of Ferraris, Rolls-Royces and H&A diamonds.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cut nut

last night i took your I-scope to a bar and used as shot glass ( as suggested by Brad) LOL...even after 10 shots of cognac, i wasn''t dunk
7.gif
so do you have a bigger model that i can buy ?
31.gif

fishy

Rough_Rock
Bingo!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/30/2005 4:18:15 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
dont be a woos.
Drink Vodka
29.gif
i can''t handle anything that is Russian.
9.gif

Yupi

Rough_Rock
Fishy,
IGI has opened a lab in Hong Kong, recently. Call them up and I am sure you will get all your queries answered properly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results