shape
carat
color
clarity

PSA: Sprint service

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
This post is specifically for Sprint wireless users who have not yet paid their January bill...

Sprint has increased the administrative fee on their service from .79 to .99 cents...which voilates the terms of your contract. If you are unhappy with Sprint and looking to change providers but dread the cancellation fees, you''re in luck! If you haven''t yet paid for your January services (mine hits on Feb 14th) you can call Sprint and tell them that you want to be let out of your agreement per the changes they have made....and they will do it!!

Mark and I wanted to switch to AT&T and did so this evening, and also cancelled our Sprint service at no cost to us even though we renewed our contract in October!!

Now, you will have to defend your position several times...but, at the end you''ll be free and clear to leave and move on!

However, if you have paid your January bill, you''ve more or less agreed to the changes and you''re still contract-bound.

Just thought someone might want to know....

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for the heads up!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 10:58:26 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Thanks so much for the heads up!
You''re very welcome...I hope that it can help...

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Aw nuts, my sprint bill just went through yesterday!
8.gif

I''m overall pretty happy with them right now... I doubt I could get a better plan for $35 dollars a month at the moment. But still would be nice to get out of that contract!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 11:42:55 AM
Author: jsm
8.gif

I''m overall pretty happy with them right now... I doubt I could get a better plan for $35 dollars a month at the moment. But still would be nice to get out of that contract!
Well, it was a good thing...even if you''re happy with Sprint...you could end your contract, and get a new phone on a new contract even if you''re not looking to change services.

cayce

Rough_Rock
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I hate Sprint and the way that they have been ripping me off, but every single time I think that the contract is up, they tell me that I have already renewed for another year and cannot cancel. They have been charging us for internet service for 3 years and we do not have internet enabled phones
29.gif

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 12:13:54 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Date: 2/11/2009 11:42:55 AM

Author: jsm

8.gif

Well, it was a good thing...even if you''re happy with Sprint...you could end your contract, and get a new phone on a new contract even if you''re not looking to change services.

I know! Thanks for the announcement, I just wish I had read it the day BEFORE I paid my bill, not the day after.
2.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I did this with TMobile to get out of our 2 year contract. They tried to give me the run around, but when I brought out the big guns and started using legal wording, they gave in a let me out of the contract without the $200 fee.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the heads up Italia!

I don''t really have a problem with Sprint service. I like the $99 all inclusive plan. However, I don''t like the choice of phones. I''d much prefer a Blackberry Storm or iPhone. Does that make me shallow if I switch based on the phone?
41.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
GREAT CALL!

Sprint sucks, but I would have to get SO to switch also... Hmmm... Maybe I can negotiate a better rate...

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 2:13:40 PM
Author: trillionaire
GREAT CALL!

Sprint sucks, but I would have to get SO to switch also... Hmmm... Maybe I can negotiate a better rate...
If you call under the pretense of wanting to "cancel" service, they will totally do backbends to keep you as a Sprint consumer...new phone, lower rates same services...

It''s funny how .20 cents gives you tons of power!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 1:50:12 PM
Author: Iowa Lizzy

I don''t really have a problem with Sprint service. I like the $99 all inclusive plan. However, I don''t like the choice of phones. I''d much prefer a Blackberry Storm or iPhone. Does that make me shallow if I switch based on the phone?
41.gif
Try the Samsung Instinct. I have it now, and if I was staying with Sprint, it''s a great phone. Touch screen, just like the strom and iPhone...very user friendly and cool. It comes in black and pink and is only $100.00 bucks with a new two year agreement...meaning, you can totally get it for $100 now, and it works with you''re "everything" plan too, btw.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 12:28:17 PM
Author: cayce
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I hate Sprint and the way that they have been ripping me off, but every single time I think that the contract is up, they tell me that I have already renewed for another year and cannot cancel. They have been charging us for internet service for 3 years and we do not have internet enabled phones
29.gif
Well, remember, if you have already paid January''s bill, you''re SOL...but, if you''ve yet to pay it, you can get out of the contact. You will have to jump some hoops (what else would you expect??) but they will release you--its the law.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 2:36:52 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Date: 2/11/2009 1:50:12 PM

Author: Iowa Lizzy

41.gif
Try the Samsung Instinct. I have it now, and if I was staying with Sprint, it''s a great phone. Touch screen, just like the strom and iPhone...very user friendly and cool. It comes in black and pink and is only $100.00 bucks with a new two year agreement...meaning, you can totally get it for $100 now, and it works with you''re ''everything'' plan too, btw.

I already have the Instinct. I like it, but it''s almost TOO user friendly. Pretty basic. My BF has the Blackberry Storm and I really like that. I know people that have the iPhone love it. I''ve gotta do some thinking....

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I just called Sprint and they gave me lots of discounts! Yay! Thanks for sharing! I went to the store and spent way too much on the beautiful HTC phone. It has a full touchscreen with a slide out keyboard. SOOOO cool!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
This says you have until March 15th to Opt out, for those of you interested. You can also google the situation and get some tips on how to proceed. Tell them you want the ETF lifted from your contract. If you want, you can cancel your service, then re-up with Sprint and get a new phone with a new customet contract! (I think)

http://www.phonenews.com/sprint-further-extends-etf-out-to-march-15th-6649/

I also have a friend who says that you can have your contract released even if you don''t cancel the service. I would like to stay with Sprint, but I would like my EFT permanantly removed, at least until I re-sign a contract. Will update you if I am able to pull this off.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results