shape
carat
color
clarity

PSA on ebay seller luvcilantro and mooibeautiful

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
TLDR - seller is a loon. I'm writing this in part for therapeutic reasons because even though I shouldn't let it bother me, I'm pretty upset. And also the seller user is luvcilantro but the store is mooibeautiful so that's why it's two names.

So I see a pretty ring (solitaire) with a petite and pretty old cut stone I think might be nice in a target ring I'm thinking of designing. I decide to "ask details about the item". I was looking at the item on my phone. So I asked what they thought the color grade might be like more L-M, O-P, Q-R etc. because it just said "light yellow" in description. Before they answer, I look it up on my desktop and can see that they have a weird paragraph that they aren't going to assign a grade bc of Ebay's authentication program. The paragraph is below. I thought it was odd because some of their listings say "fancy" in the title and there's no report. Also, the item I was looking at wasn't being sent to an eBay authenticator - sellers are unable to opt in or out of this program. It's random. But ok. So I write back, and say "oops sorry I didn't see this paragraph before; I messaged about color but then I read your note about not wanting to assign color. Are you able to tell me if it looks ivory in some lights? For example I have an o-p stone that is euro cut and it looks yellow from the side but mainly whitish ivory on top. Would you say that this stone looks yellow from the top in most lights?"

I figured it was a valid question; it's not asking grade, but if the stone every has a white hue. Well all hell broke loose after that. Seller writes two messages. One is a reply to me, saying they are "not modifying my site to your terms for the purchase". What??? Then, she looks at my page where I sell items, and writes this in response to one of my items (which is a wedding band that has an inscription in it):

"Why am I not surprised? You are a seller and now reviewing your items and descriptions. I am not only offering to go through GIA for verification on carat weight and size, there is a measurement noted, gram weight, clarity and AN OPTION FOR FREE RETURNS, if you are unhappy for any reason.
Your listing: You have no return option no clarity/color and more of a description about yourself and how it does not fit you and a date. Please be respectful to others when your standards are not even close."

I am dumbfounded. First of all, the seller keeps saying they are offering to send to GIA - no they aren't. It's under the authentication program so they have no authority to send or not send it. Secondly, when did it become a sin to ask a question about an item??? Anyway, I sent back a message just stating "I did not mean to offend you; I was simply asking a question about the color tone; in my opinion this is a valid question from a potential buyer."

The seller blocked me.

So I just wanted you all to be aware, because I know that many of you are ebay shoppers. Also I really needed to vent because I am still just taken aback at how nasty this person was in response to a simple question, especially since feedback says "great communication etc". I just don't get it.

Also, I tried to call eBay to lodge a complaint and I CANNOT SPEAK TO A HUMAN. When did this happen??? Because I go through the menu and it says "we cannot connect you to an agent for this, go online". And the online is either that stupid automated chat, or it's ask the community. So so annoying.

Here is the weird note below about GIA:

Sellers Note: Ebay just started a program for authentication through GIA in California. How you will know if an item is covered under this, is by viewing on the top right side of the items page and you will see the whether the item is under the program. If you have questions regarding an item not under the program, please contact ebay direct as they are the ones that decided what is or not is in the program. Since this site is not GIA certified ( I am a private independent seller) listing under the Authenticity Program, will no longer have color, clarity for diamonds. If the item has a solitaire diamond or gem measurements will be noted in the description box. All diamonds have inclusions unless it is flawless and varies by each grader. Carat weight will be approx., so there may be a variance as there is no perfect science to carat weight while mounted and all of the items on the site are pre-owned so you will have an approx. carat weight to gage as this is all the site is qualified to provide. The zoom feature will always be helpful and photos are always taken in natural lighting to get as close as possible to the item for you to view. This is a new program and will take time for adjustments but you can always read purchased feedback and quality sold in the past from buyers. Once the item has been purchased sent to be authenticated you will receive direct details from GIA for your records which will only increase the item value from the day of purchase, because items on this site pricing is less than cost to make/buy in E-commerce in todays market. You will have the confidence that you are getting a recorded inspection once purchased, sent to you. Thank you for your time and the opportunity to offer you beautiful items for you to enjoy with security that you are getting verified purchases from the leader in the industry at no extra cost to you. You still have the option with a no hassle return once you have the inspection specifics and the item to see in person to make sure you like the item in person. The process does take longer to receive, because the item has to be shipped to GIA and then examined, then shipped to you from GIA.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Argh...... welcome to 2023.
Press 1 if your question has to do with the length of elephants trunks in Kenya
Press 2 if you haven't done your laundry yet this week
Or allow us to send you a link to a discussion where your question won't be answered- but at least you can waste more time trying to figure this $hit out.

And by the way, our commission is now 125%. So if you are lucky enough to find a sucker and sell your item you'll owe us $125.
We'll take that $125 in weird 2 and 3 dollar increments directly from your bank to add more time you'll need to figure this all out.
Do I sound frustrated???????

Sorry.
It's just going to get worse.
I'm sorry you had to endure what you did.....

PS- we did figure out that the "Authentication" BULL$HIT program is dependant on certain terms used in the description.....I refuse to send anything off to anyone but our clients.......

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
PS- we did figure out that the "Authentication" BULL$HIT program is dependant on certain terms used in the description.....I refuse to send anything off to anyone but our clients.......

Interesting; so if you name a color or clarity it will trigger being sent off? Even if that is the case I don't find it to be an excuse for a seller to be so rude. And the person blocked so I guess they aren't interested in making sales? I was honestly going to buy it anyway bc they had returns...I just wanted to avoid buying and returning if possible. But I was blocked so prevented from buying.

And yes - the inability to talk to someone is MADDENING. I haven't had to call them in a long time but in the past it actually wasn't that hard to speak to someone.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Part of what I'm experiencing in the trade as a whole is a diminution of the rigid standards and morals of dealers.
Sure, there've always been schmucks in the trade- but at the highest levels, it's always been a rather strict industry.
Your word is your bond- and your reputation is worth more than your diamonds.
Part of what is causing this chipping away is the hoards of new players that lab grown diamonds have created.
Sad.

I'm sorry that you had to endure that- but clearly, it's their loss.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going through an issue with the Authentication program now, and it's a massive pain. I wanted to return a ring which had gone through authentication, and started the return process, thinking it would spit out a return label like usual, since no-question returns are allowed by the seller. Instead, it started something more like a claims process. The seller messaged me and said of course you can return the ring. No worries. But there is no label available, and the ebay system says I have to return it to their Authentication partner to make sure I'm returning the original item, but they don't provide a shipping label or even an address for me to self-ship. And the window for return is really short, not the same as the seller's return window. The seller has been great to deal with, but even they don't seem to know what to do here, since they don't have control of the situation. So I think I'm just going to have to sell the ring on LT and hope for the best. It's an absolute sh*tshow.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I'm going through an issue with the Authentication program now, and it's a massive pain. I wanted to return a ring which had gone through authentication, and started the return process, thinking it would spit out a return label like usual, since no-question returns are allowed by the seller. Instead, it started something more like a claims process. The seller messaged me and said of course you can return the ring. No worries. But there is no label available, and the ebay system says I have to return it to their Authentication partner to make sure I'm returning the original item, but they don't provide a shipping label or even an address for me to self-ship. And the window for return is really short, not the same as the seller's return window. The seller has been great to deal with, but even they don't seem to know what to do here, since they don't have control of the situation. So I think I'm just going to have to sell the ring on LT and hope for the best. It's an absolute sh*tshow.

That is awful. And if you are like me, you can't get a human.

At least the seller was nice to you. Ugh.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know that after going through the millions of stupid decision trees, I did get to a spot where eBay will call you back. Go to the "Chat with Automated Assistant and keep asking for a human. Unfortunately, the vast majority of agents are offshore, with poor conecitons and poor mastery of the English language- or even eBay policies......
One time a few years back I made the massive error of asking a potential buyer to call me in an eBay message- big no-no. So I was kicked off eBay all our listings were removed- no warning.
This after 25 years( literally- we were one of the first diamond sellers on eBay) and 100% positive feedback- and over $3mil in listings, we were kicked off.
I was able to get many people on the phone over the next few months....but it wasn't till I got a US based rep that we were able to resolve this situation.
Oh how I'd love to ditch eBay- but in todays internet you need EVERY potential venue....
Screenshot 2023-10-27 142847.png

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
That is awful. And if you are like me, you can't get a human.

At least the seller was nice to you. Ugh.

Yeah, the seller's response to you was bonkers. Just not a way to conduct business! I've had them on my saved sellers list for ages, but I'll delete, because who needs that nonsense.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results