shape
carat
color
clarity

PS voucher worthy?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I've been doing some serious contemplating regarding how to spend the generous voucher I won in the lead up to Christmas.

This was the order of my thoughts:

1) A very small AVR. The voucher would offset the branded premium, and it would make the purchase "mind clean" for my bargain-hunting brain.
2) Small set of yellow diamond studs
3) A pair of drop earrings
4) Getting my new trannie set into a pendant
5) Having my yellow diamond FINALLY set

But none of those were right, for one reason or another. I've got a new plan now though, one I think you'll all like, and want a bit of reassurance.

Is this stone PS voucher-worthy? I loved it the second I saw it - it made me sit up straighter and give a little wiggle. I just want to make sure I haven't missed something before spending Andrey's money! :bigsmile:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2890083.htm

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh!!! I'd wiggle at that diamond, too!! I like it!!! Very nice!!

Of your other options, my choice would be 2, 3 & 5 - good options all of them!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Ooh! Very pretty, it seems like a great price for a super ideal! Do you plan to set it?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it too! I think it's really nice, and you sound very excited about it so seems like a really good choice for you. Do you have any specific plans for this pretty?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh...its a lovely stone!

One question though...how many stones do you currently have unset? Are you thinking you want
Something big (like a stone) so you can say this is my PS gift vs setting a stone you already have where
You're just finishing up a project? If so, I can completely understand that logic :bigsmile: .

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I do have a very specific project in mind and this is the beginning of it. Like you said Ty, I moved away from the idea of using the voucher just for setting purposes - it didn't feel special enough.

For the record, I don't have THAT many unset stones! :oops: :lol: Only my 4 FCDs (don't plan to ever set 3 of them), a Malaya, an emerald, a couple of opals, and the new trannie. There's plenty of room for lots more gem boxes! :tongue:

Yes, HOT, it will be set though. Just not particularly soon!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think an ACA is certainly voucher-worthy! And I consider it fun money so that you shouldn't feel guilt over not using it for settings. I am curious what you want to do with it, though, since you already have a trannie that is unset! You have several old cuts, so I am wondering what you are going to do with a MRB!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I have always professed my love for antique cuts, absolutely. But then at the PS GTG we had in Perth a bit ago, I got the chance to see HOT's BGD 5 stone. And jeez did it sparkle! I realized that, oddly enough, I quite liked the ideal cuts in non-doorknob sizes. I still wouldn't choose a 4 ct MRB over a 4 ct OEC, but in terms of a multi stone band/ring, the MRB bling factor was through the roof.

So I've decided to try for myself. If I don't like it in a few years, I'll do what we all do and sell/trade/gift/consign. I don't think that will happen though, I feel pretty good about this project. However, I know to never say never! :lol:

The plan: as you know, I'm headed back for another bachelor's degree this year. Having been credited with first year, it will be a three year endeavor. One I do NOT want to do. I don't like change, I don't like the idea of being a "mature age" student, I don't like paying for a second course, I don't like missing out on the sweet overtime that pays for my holidays, I don't like not getting to ride to/from work with my husband every day, I don't like missing our daily lunches together, I don't like a whole lot about going back to uni. But it is definitely the right thing to do in the long run.

So what motivates a PSer who doesn't want to do something? BLING! :naughty:

I plan on acquiring a new stone each year for the three years of my program and putting together a 3-stone RHR. Sides this size with a 8ishmm center. It is something I am so excited about - a new type of cut to enjoy and a fitting way to mark a very big life decision/event for me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhh, well, I can see diamonds being a motivator for that undertaking, and I can certainly relate to the dread of doing it! I think an 8mm center with 5.6mm sides would be very nice! And I think the bling factor would balance well with your other rings! I am debating about doing that with my current 7.5mm stone if I get a new e-ring stone. So I think it is really a great idea! :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That sounds like a wonderful project, JG! How exciting!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
justginger|1361068371|3382070 said:
I plan on acquiring a new stone each year for the three years of my program and putting together a 3-stone RHR. Sides this size with a 8ishmm center. It is something I am so excited about - a new type of cut to enjoy and a fitting way to mark a very big life decision/event for me.

That sounds like a lovely idea. And would certainly help me with motivation :)

justginger

Ideal_Rock
chel180|1361083857|3382187 said:

I'll be chanting:

Want diamond?...GO TO CLASS!
Want diamond?...WRITE REPORT!
Want diamond?...STUDY!
Want diamond?...GO TO LAB!
Want diamond?...TAKE EXAM!

:lol:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
justginger|1361086114|3382202 said:
chel180|1361083857|3382187 said:

I'll be chanting:

Want diamond?...GO TO CLASS!
Want diamond?...WRITE REPORT!
Want diamond?...STUDY!
Want diamond?...GO TO LAB!
Want diamond?...TAKE EXAM!

:lol:
I'm not showing dh this thread he may think its a good way to get me to do the washing

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
I love a three stone so that's my pick (it's my next bling item). And .66ct is good value for money. That ACA looks great and it's always nice to have something to look forward to in the future

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I think the ACA looks amazing. So white for an I! I own a similar stone and am very happy with it. My e-ring is an I colour with super-ideal cut (Hearts on Fire) and is 0.70. It looks MUCH whiter and larger than you would expect, due to the cut. So I think you would love the stone.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Took a picture for you this morning, Ginger. My .62 cts each studs (G and H, AGS 0) next to an 8mm fakie used for size reference. Looks amazing to my eyes! In fact it's making me wonder if this is the direction I should go someday! Of course this is on a size 7.5 finger so it would have quite a different impact on your tiny hand.

_3856.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For purly selfish reasons, I pick 5! (haven't even looked at your link yet - I'm just that selfish ;-) )

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1361300017|3384451 said:
Took a picture for you this morning, Ginger. My .62 cts each studs (G and H, AGS 0) next to an 8mm fakie used for size reference. Looks amazing to my eyes! In fact it's making me wonder if this is the direction I should go someday! Of course this is on a size 7.5 finger so it would have quite a different impact on your tiny hand.

:appl: Lovely! Thank you for that - it's so good to see how the proportions match up. Though to be honest...I might need to go a shade bigger with the center stone! :tongue:

Athena, I know, I know. I really need to get it done, but my hang up (besides my unshakable feeling that settings are a "waste" of money I could be spending on new stones!) is that I haven't found the RIGHT setting yet. I want a halo...but witha twist. Your's has just that, with the yellow millgraining, but I don't want to copy it. I'll think of something eventually...

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Well in that case, here are two more pics! With 9mm center and 10mm center:

_3879.jpg

_3880.jpg

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I vote the 9mm stone! :naughty:

This is going to be an incredible ring! Did you pull the trigger on the WF stone?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1361402908|3385773 said:
I vote the 9mm stone! :naughty:

This is going to be an incredible ring! Did you pull the trigger on the WF stone?

Yes, Like the 9 mm as well, but budget will be an issue at that size. It may be a long term project while I wait for a preloved stone!

I did pull the trigger and received my FedEx shipping confirmation this morning! :bigsmile:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ooo i'm looking forward to seeing whats the eta?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results